This build is my first high GR pet build and works quite well for me. It's very consistent if you stick to 2-3 rules while rifting.
There are a few things to mention to make this build work:
- Attack Speed. Attack Speed is your primary damage increase for all of your pets, try to get this stat on every piece you can!
More Attack Speed means more Base Pet Damage -> Higher Crits -> Higher Crit Damage
- When starting a rift you should first Num-lock your Devour Skill (Look up Numlock Trick D3 on youtube). Then summon your Skeletal Mages. Each Skeletal Archer increases the Attack Speed of your Skeletal Warriors tremendously. This really shines when your start commanding your skeletons with the Jesseth Set. Your Skeletal Warriors will melt through the enemies like butter and jump around like crazy!
- Since you are rather squishy try to stay away from the enemies as far as possible. Cast Bone Spikes at max range at the Skeletal Warriors Location to help proc the Krysbin's Sentence bonus and also try to keep the 10 Archers up all the time since they buff your Warriors. With Iceblink you also apply 10% more Crit Chance to enemies when you cast Bone Spikes, keep that in mind too!
- Sometimes in the heat of a fight you can't tell if the skeletons are still commanded. Always check the Skeletal Warriors Icon. If the border of the icon glows golden they are still active. Immediately start commanding again if it cancels (mostly when there are no more enemies on the screen they tend to become inactive)
- Army of the Dead deals more damage than usual with the Cold Rune and does the most damage with all 17 pets out. So try to cast it only with at least 4 mages out. Also it makes you invulnerable with the passive so keep that in mind as well. You can basically go in melee range savely or react to an elite effect by casting this to save your *ss
- for a faster version you can swap Army of the Dead with Blood Rush to farm lower tier rifts.
- once your Final Service procs and your skellies are dead it's time to be very cautious. Most of the time you will have a hard time with various ranged elite effects (Mortar and Frozen are really annoying). Always try to command your skellies and take down the main elite asap to stop these effects.
- you can also cheat death by casting Army of the Dead. Your passive will give you some time to recover.
- the squishyness of this build shouldn't be a problem most of the time because of the crazy damage of your pets and various cc freeze & Invulnerability effects.
Summary: Always have 10 Mages up and look at the Skellies so that they are commanded the whole time. Use your Command Golem Skill at Elites as often as you can to increase the Critical Hit Chance on them. Use Army of the Dead on Trash to improve your Survivability with your Passive Rathma's Shield. You basically have 2 skills that make you invulnerable, use them!
Let me hear your feedback in the comments below!