[2.1.2] Lazytrapper Freeze Chakrams (easy T6, GR40)
Cluster Arrow Maelstrom
Companion Wolf Companion
Sentry Polar Station
Quiver needed: Spines of Seething HatredNew version of Frostburn procs from COLD damage, not just chill.
This build is a super sustained DPS setup that utilizes Helltrapper to maintain maximum deeps while also providing the possibility to instantly decimate elites and champions.
Blizzard intended to make DH more engaging with the new patch but I miss the laid-back feel of M6 DH so I wanted to see if there was any way to bring that leisurely feeling back.
I call this the "Lazytrapper" build because it basically guarantees that you are doing as much damage as possible since you always have sentries on the board (as long as you keep attacking.)
Serpentine Chakrams have great range and the attack speed is almost as good as Ball Lightning when it comes to popping Helltrapper Sentries, which means you can be lazy and just spam Chakrams without really having to worry about your Sentry skill (unless you want to.)
Shreds through T6, easy GR 40 clear so far.
The "Less-lazy" version of this build can use Etrayu, Calamity, or any other weapon of your choice though it will require manual turret placement.
As soon as I saw that Frostburn (gloves) can proc a freeze just from any cold damage, I couldn't wait to try this out. Give it a shot, it kicks ass.
Important stuff -- The sentries which are spawned by Helltrapper count toward the M6 set's new effect. This allows you to run around and spam Chakrams to spawn more sentries, which saves your Sentry skill's charges for strategic situations.
- Custom Engineering increases the number of Helltrapper sentries to a possible three at any given time.
- RoRG is needed for the 5-piece Marauders + Frostburn and its WORTH IT.
- Stun from Zei's Stone of Vengeance, Chill from polar stations, and 45% chance to freeze from any cold damage (Frostburn) = Bane of the Trapped and Cull the Weak party time 10/10 would freeze again.
What to do -
"WHAT'S THIS? A LOVELY RIFT WOEFULLY UNDERPOPULATED BY CHAKRAMS? A LARGE INFLUX OF CHAKRAMS OUGHT TO PUT A STOP TO THAT!"
- Seriously, spam Chakrams. Spines of Seething Hatred makes Chakrams free. Whats not to like about spinning death blades shredding through your enemies? Needs more Chakrams. Never enough Chakrams.
- Manually drop your polar Sentries on enemies to make your Bane of the Trapped very happy.
- If you have Frostburn, you're gonna freeze a lot of stuff. These gloves make a cold build ridiculously good.
- If you have Helltrapper, your Chakrams will summon plenty of Sentries, then your damage will skyrocket.
- If you don't like Helltrapper, then just dump your sentries whenever you run into battle.
- When you run into elites/champions: Dump your sentries then nuke them with Cluster Arrow.
- They're not dead yet!: Use Preparation to regen Hatred then MORE CLUSTER ARROW.
I know a lot of people are saying that this new patch was the death of the Helltrapper but I think that's only the case if you allow it. I am aware that I could kick even more ass with my Calamity or Etrayu but I like to lean back and kick ass, I don't want to exert more effort than.. well.. any at all.
|Critical Hit Damage|
|Critical Hit Chance|
|Life on Hit|
|Resource Cost Reduction|