"The Application Experienced an Unexpected.."

• Every time I try playing Diablo 3 I get the same error screen"

"The Application Experienced an Unexpected Error" with the report ID-

77AD84BC-E0E6-4C97-A497-6AD9DC16BE63

It will go to the Diablo logo then I get a grey screen and the error message.
  • Flylo,

It looks video-related.

Can you post some information about your computer? You can find this information in the Direct X Diagnostic Tool:

Click on Start
    Click on Run
    Type in: dxdiag (In Vista, type dxdiag in the search field)
    Hit Enter or OK

Click on the Save All Information button at the bottom, and create a dxdiag text file, and copy and paste it ALL here.
  • Flylo,

You're using a non-supported beta operating system with the Consumer Preview release of Windows 8.

Operating System: Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64-bit (6.2, Build 8250) (8250.winmain_win8beta_se.120330-1316)

You'll want to make sure your computer is using the Nvidia video device and not the integrated Intel. There really isn't going to be that much difference between them however but the Nvidia should be a little faster.

Usually, to do that, you'd right click on the desktop icon used to start the game and there will be a drop down selection to force the Nvidia to be used.
  • Flylo,

I don't know if it's your Windows 8 or not, I'm just informing you you're using an unsupported operating system right now. I'd recommend upgrading to the full retail version. I really can't get too much in depth with a problem when the OS isn't supported.