Patch 10, blue screen crash

• I just patched and created a character and went into game, set my game to windowed fullscreen and alt-tabbed into firefox for a moment to see if anyone on the forum had reported a typo I found immediately (which it had)

Then my computer froze for about 10 seconds, and then it crashed with a blue screen with the label MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION.

I have the mini-dump file and apparently also an XML document .sysdata document that were both created at the same time of the crash. If either is needed to help debug and neither has personal information I can post it on some website and link here.

I also know my video card has a weird incompatibility with Twitch TV (twitch.tv) where it will crash and blue screen on that website specifically on occasion (all other video streams are fine) so it's possible the crash is just my video card being defective and/or dying.

When telling my little brother, who also has the beta, about the patch, he said that he experienced a 10 second freeze on his computer as well, but it went back to functioning correctly as opposed to blue screening like mine did.
  • Defenestrate,

Can you post some information about your computer? You can find this information in the Direct X Diagnostic Tool:

Click on Start
    Click on Run
    Type in: dxdiag (In Vista, type dxdiag in the search field)
    Hit Enter or OK

Click on the Save All Information button at the bottom, and create a dxdiag text file, and copy and paste it ALL here.