Diablo 3 stops responding as soon as I enter a game

• As soon as I enter a game before I able to move at all my game freezes. I can't even ctrl + alt + del to close it (task manager opens but it's non responsive). The only solution is to restart or log out.

Anyone have any ideas?
  • Hey all,

As a workaround, you can also try putting Diablo III in Windowed Fullscreen mode. DisplayModeWindowMode "2"

To find out why this is happening and find a more permanent fix, please post a DxDiag and Diablo III Error Logs. Paste the DXdiag and Diablo III Error Logs into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the "code" button (</>). That'll make the information much more readable.
  • Hey All,

I am sorry for the delayed reply. This forum thread has several post in it for issues that are different then what the OP posted about. The thread is for issues when Diablo III freezes after entering a game.

For anyone seeing disconnection errors like 1016 or any other connection issues, please try the steps here.

For anyone seeing an issue that is different then Diablo III freezes after entering a game, please create a new forum post.

As a work around for the freezing some players mentioned running Diablo III in windowed or windowed (fullscreen) mode has helped.
      From within the Desktop App, click on Diablo III and then Options > Game Settings.
      Check the Additional command line arguments box.
      For windows mode Enter -Displaymode 0 and click done.
      For windows (fullscreen) mode Enter -Displaymode 2 and click done.

I was able to find some error logs from some of your game clients. The ones I did find did so issues with the video cards, like the drivers for the cards being old. Since we do not have DxDiags or D3 error logs from everyone we are not sure if this is the cause for all of you. To be on the safe side make sure the drivers for the video cards and Windows are up to date.

In addition to the updates and the display modes I have some additional steps for you all to try that may help out.

• Reset In-Game Options.
      1) Select the game in the Blizzard app and click Options .
      2) Click Game Settings.
      3) Click on Reset In-Game Options.
      4) Click Done and launch the game normally.

• Run the computer in a selective startup mode.

Please run Diablo III in 32-bit mode.

• If the freezing continues, please post a complete DxDiag and Diablo III Error Logs. Paste the DXdiag and Diablo III Error Logs into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the "code" button (</>). That'll make the information much more readable.