Diablo III64.exe - Bad Image?

• Hi all, I have been getting this error message for a few days now and not to sure how to correct it. What happens is, when I open DIII from the Blizz App or the DIII Shortcut, The launcher opens and I hit play, but then this message pops up.

c:\Program Files (X86)\Diablo III\x64\icuuc57.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x0000020.

So I close the launcher and then reopen it after. When I do this the launcher initializes and quickly downloads something and the play button is active. I then click play and I can enter the game fine.

I was just looking or a way to clear this error, and fix the problem. I have run the in game scan and repair, but the error persists.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
  • Hey all,

This error usually means either that a game file is damaged or that Windows/Driver are out of date. Sometimes this could mean there is a conflict with another program. First, we will want to make sure there are not any damaged files and that everything is up to date.

• Run the Diablo III repair tool.

• To be on the safe side make sure Windows and the drivers in the computer are up to date.

• Run the computer in a selective startup mode.

• Please uninstall and then reinstall Diablo III