diablo iii64.exe wont fully close even after reboot

• i am having a problem where diablo iii64.exe will not close completely. it is not in the task manager and trying to open battlenet just says it is still running. if i try to change my nvidia graphics settings from the control program it says diablo is running and i cant change the settings. deleting battlenet and blizzard entertainment folders does nothing. and turning off pc and restarting the problem is still there. what do i do to kill the program? ...
  • Hey bradparkell,

If diablo iii64.exe is not showing in task manager then that should mean it is not running. Restarting the computer will stop it running for sure. Since the App is still showing it is running I am taking it there is an issue with the App. There are some additional files for the App that it stores information in that we will want to delete too. Delete these Blizzard App files here and here again. Then delete the files below.

1) Press the Windows + R keys
    2) In the Run Box type %localappdata% and press OK
    3) Delete the Battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment folders

4) Press the Windows + R keys
    5) In the Run Box type %temp% and press OK
    6) Delete any the Battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment folders that may be in there

7) Press the Windows + R keys
    8) In the Run Box type %APPDATA% and press OK
    9) Delete any the Battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment folders that may be in there

If Diablo III still shows running in the App after deleting those files, delete the files again. Then uninstall and reinstall the App.
  • Is Diablo III or the App installed on a network drive or another computer that you are using this computer to connect too?