Diablo 3 running in slow motion

• Game started running in slow motion this weekend after years of no issues.

Latency is perfectly fine.
    FPS is perfectly fine.

I run slow, and skills activate a couple seconds after I press them. As well things like opening a rift are behind on some animations.

I've been trying stuff all day googling from other threads of the same issue and nothing worked.

Ive reverted to an old version from 2 weeks ago. Updated everything. Uninstalled D3. Uninstalled Bnet launcher. Changed every setting I can... no luck.

Help?
  • ShawnyBoy,

Make sure noting else is running in the background, possibly consuming your system resources.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/Closing-Background-Applications
  • Hello ShawnyBoy!

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with your Overwatch performance. Let's try refreshing the game config, as this will sometimes help with performance dips, especially after driver or game client updates:
      1. Hit Windows key+R
      2. Type "C:\Users" and hit enter.
      3. Navigate to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Overwatch, where %USERNAME% is your login.
      4. With the game closed, delete the "Settings" folder from the Overwatch folder.
      5. Rerun the game.

Best of luck in your adventures :)
  • ShawnyBoy,

In your video, it looks like you just don't have any movement speed. I can't see how your paragon points are allocated. Can you see if you have movement speed maxed out there as I'm not seeing any coming from your gear.
  • Hey ShawnyBoy,

Can you post your DxDiag in a code block, please. <code>To put your DxDiag in a code block, copy/paste the entire file into your next post, highlight all of it within the post box, then click the </> button. When you add the reply the system file should be in a box like this one.</code>
  • ShawnyBoy,

Hmm, I could only replicate what your video shows by running with no movement speed added.

Are you running any third party addon at all for the game?

Can you try removing all of the equipped items and then seeing if it's still doing it? Can you show a screenshot of your configured paragon points or the details screen that shows the movement speed on the character? If the movement speed is there and it's still this slow, all I can recommend is submitting it as a bug as it's not anything to do with your PC

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/5386229/

Also, make sure you don't have max foreground and background fps settings enabled.
  • ShawnyBoy,

Glad to hear you got it figured out.