Latency and game crashing

• All weekend and today, I can't get a stable connection...I haven't had this problem before and it's driving me insane. I'm usually around 115 msec CONSISTENTLY...now I'm floating up to 250 and then sometimes in the red and it makes the game unplayable. I know I'm not hardwired to the router, but my usb wifi adapter gives me 130 down and 60 up and every other game I have runs smooth online. I unstilled the game and am going to reinstall it and see if that does anything at all.

I've been playing since D3 launch and this weekend is about to make me just give it up. I don't play games to be frustrated by the user/client experience.
  • Hey justjoddat!

Latency and connection issues can be caused by any number of things and being on a wifi connection doesn't help. That said, start with the troubleshooting steps listed, here. If you're still having problems after that, then reply here with your pathping in a code block* and we'll go from there.

*To put your pathping in a code block, copy/paste the entire file into your next post, highlight all of it within the post box, then click the </> button.
  • Howdy justjoddat!

Assuming you tried all the steps listed in that connection troubleshooting support article I linked, that pathping you posted indicates a connection issue between the computer and the modem/router. You mentioned that you us a usb wifi adapter, which can be incredibly convenient, however, they can also be very unstable. One of the steps in the support article was to optimize your connection, which includes switching to a wired connection. When you ran that pathping, were you still on a wired connection?

Either way, for the sake of troubleshooting, please make sure that you are using a wired connection until this is resolved. Also, please post your DxDiag in a code block and we'll go from there.