Unable to play

• I haven't been on at all today, I was able to play last night just fine, but now whenever I try and play, (I can be in a game for up to about 30 seconds) the game stops and I get "Lost Connection. There was an error. (Code (1016)" and it takes me back to the login screen where I have to keep re-logging in and doing the authenticator, which seems to be a bit whack as well. This just happens over and over. I've closed and reopened the battle.net app, I've restarted my pc, neither have worked. Am I missing something?
  • Hey Evan!

That 1016 error is a general disconnect error. I suggest trying these connection troubleshooting steps to start off. If you're still having issues after that run a pathping and post it here in a code block*.

*To put that pathping in a code block, copy/paste the entire file into your next post, highlight all of it within the post box, then click the </> button.
  • @LilRob

What you are reporting is a game crash, which is not similar to Evan's issue at all. Please try all the troubleshooting steps listed on this support article.

If those steps don't resolve the crashing, then create a new thread and post exactly what happens when/leading up to the game crashing and your DxDiag.
  • Hey JimmyJames!

How often do the disconnects happen? Is it worse at a specific time of day? Are you on wifi or a wired connection? If you don't mind, please provide as many pertinent details as you can. Also run a pathping and post it in a code block*.

*To put your pathping in a code block, copy/paste the entire file into your next post, highlight all of it within the post box, then click the </> button.
  • Hey JimmyJames!

As a heads up, both the pathping and trace route support articles have instructions for Windows and Mac. The Windows version will work for Windows 7 and 10. The trace route specifically calls out that Windows 8 users should start on step 2. Sorry for any confusion there.

If you haven't already done the Diablo 3 disconnect troubleshooting steps, I suggest trying those now. Then, again, if the disconnects continue, run a pathping and post the results here.