I just keep getting a ton of lag, take like 10 steps, then wait 20 seconds, does that for like 5 min then finally just logs me out with error code 1016. Come on Blizzard, fix this
# 1 Jul 25, 2017
# 6 Jul 25, 2017Hey all,
The 1016 error is a generic disconnection error. It just means there was a disconnection. It does not point to a specific cause of the disconnection. Since it is a generic disconnection message there can be several different things causing it.
Each of you may end up seeing a different cause for the disconnection or they may be similar causes. We would need to do some testing to see what is causing the disconnections and latency for each of you. To help find the cause of this please try the steps Omrakos mentioned and post the results from a WinMTR.
# 15 Jul 26, 2017Siouxicide- From the latency spikes and the average latency, it does remind me of wireless connections I have seen. If the computer is on a wireless connection, see if a wired connection make a difference. If the wired connection does not make a difference, please try the steps below.
| 10.0.0.1 - 0 | 199 | 199 | 1 | 13 | 209 | 6 |
Titanimo From the looks of the connection test it does look like that the first connection is a wireless one. Since it is a wired connection, it does make the results a bit concerning. I take it that you are playing on the same computer is both locations.
| 10.1.10.1 - 1 | 2119 | 2118 | 1 | 10 | 247 | 11 |
• To be on the safe side make sure Windows is up to date.
• Make sure the network card is up to date and the setting are set properly.
• Run the computer in a selective startup mode.
• Please power cycle the network equipment and flush the DNS.
• If possible see if using a different cable makes a difference to connect the computer to the router makes a difference.