Game crash at entry

• Switching over to the European region circumvents crashing. Creating new characters or switching to older ones of every class under my original account (Americas) doesn't alleviate the problem. If I'm lucky enough to see my characters in town I receive a disconnection notice followed by a code 1016 prompt and then a crash. I've switched around all display settings with no change in results. Been playing on the same computer since D3 released, started crashing last week. I am somehow able to enter Challlenge Rifts more often than not and play on the Americas server.
  • Howdy!

This doesn't seem to be a crash but a disconnect. Error 1016 is a connection error. The fact you can connect to another region helps support your connection to your main region appears to be the issue. I'd recommend to follow our connection troubleshooting Here. Select the Mac tab -> Try steps 1-5, retest. If the issue continues move on to the Advanced troubleshooting: step 1-6.

After that if the issue continues, the next time this error occurs run Pathping and LookingGlass report. Copy and paste the results of these steps back in this thread within code blocks for review!

Thank you!
  • Hey all,

The error 1016 is a generic disconnection error. Just means they game client is not longer connected to the game servers. It does not tell us why it is no longer connected. To find what is causing the disconnection could take a bit of trouble shooting. I do have some initial troubleshooting steps for you both to try. If the disconnections still continue, please pots a trace route and path ping.

• Run the Diablo III repair tool.

• Please power cycle the network equipment and flush the DNS.

• Wireless connections are not the most stable thing in the world. Anything from a cellphone to a microwave oven can disrupt the signal. If the computer is on a wireless connection, see if using a wired connection improves the connection

• To be on the safe side make sure macOS is up to date.

• It is possible another program could be interfering with Diablo III. To see if this is the case please run your computer with login items disabled.

• If the disconnections continue, please post a Pathping and Trace Route