Desolate Sands Crash

• Has anyone found a fix for the Desolate Sands crash yet?
    I can play every area of the game except Des Sands and also the Thieves Guild in Act V. When I try to materialise in these areas I simply get a frozen load page and that's it, although it is clear from listening that I actually have entered the areas, I just can't see it. I have to T back to town, then ALT+TAB back to desktop then ALT+TAB back to the game and I'll be in town.
    It's been like it since the last major patch install. Has anyone devised a fix yet? I notice that many people have experienced the same issue.
  • Hey BigEricHunt,

We do have a post about these crashes here. The steps posted there have helped out for most players seeing these crashes in Desolate Sands.
  • The main reports of issue in Desolate Sands we have seen have been due to the old AMD drivers. Since you do not have an AMD video card we will need to do a bit on investigating to see what is causing the specific crash you are seeing. To help find out the cause of this, please post a DxDiag and Diablo III Error Logs. Paste the DXdiag and Diablo III Error Logs into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the "code" button (</>). That'll make the information much more readable.