Patched 2.5.0, Upgraded Drivers, D3 Runs Minimized

• I'm having a problem getting D3 to run properly. I installed the latest patch, 2.5.0, upgraded my NVIDIA GeForce GTX550 Ti's driver to the latest version (381.65) and also completed a Windows 7 Update for items I can't recall. Ever since I did this almost two days ago, the game only runs minimized and all I see is the lower right-hand corner. The sound and graphics all appear to be working fine (seemingly). I shut down & restarted my PC 4 times and it didn't help. Also, whenever I access Support or Account Management from the Battle.net interface, it crashes all of my Chrome extensions and Chrome becomes inoperable. So I ran a complete virus scan and that also turned up nothing. I also tried to install the Blizzard Desktop App, but it's nowhere to be found. This seems to be where of all of my problems started. If I need to attach more information, please let me know. Also, if this topic was created elsewhere, I did not see it in my search and I apologize in advance for the inconvenience.
  • MrSentinel66,

You seem to be having several unrelated issues.

For the Desktop App, You have to be using it to launch the game since you just patched which can only be accomplished using the app. The default location is the Battle.net folder in your C:\Program Files (x86) folder.

Locate and run the app, or if it's already running, locate the Game Settings section for Diablo II in it. Click on the button for "Reset In-Game Options" and then see if that resolved the game not displaying properly.

If it didn't, please post some information about your computer? You can find this information in the Direct X Diagnostic Tool:

Press Windows Key + R.
    Type DxDiag and press Enter.
    In the DxDiag window, at the bottom, click Save All Information.
    Name the file "dxdiag" and click Save. (note where it's been saved so you can find it)

Locate the Dxdiag.txt file just created and open it to copy and paste ALL of it's contents into your reply.

I'd also like to see your D3Debug.txt file which is located in the main Diablo III game folder.