Patch 2.5 Bug

• Ever since I installed Patch 2.5, I cannot play the game. Once I am in the Character Select page it throws me back to my desktop, minimises the game, and all I can do from there is log out of Windows or reboot entirely.

Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone know if anything is being done about it?
  • BigEricHunt,

Have you tried anything yet to resolve it? How about running the game's Scan and Repair utility?

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/Repairing-Blizzard-Games

If that doesn't help, please post your D3Debug.txt file which is located in your Diablo III game folder.
  • Chronos,

Your D3Debug file is out of date and not from patch release 2.5

"2017.01.02 11:26:25.215994600 <BUILD>2.4.2"

Delete the file and then launch the game again. If it can, it will write out a new file for how far it got before crashing. Post that new file please if it's there.
  • Chronos,

All right, you might try disabling or uninstalling BitDefender. You can also try running the game with the 32-bit client instead of the 64-bit one. This is selected in the Blizzard Desktop App under the Game's settings.

If those suggestions don't help, I'll need to see your DxDiag report next.

You can find this information in the Direct X Diagnostic Tool:

Press Windows Key + R.
    Type DxDiag and press Enter.
    In the DxDiag window, at the bottom, click Save All Information.
    Name the file "dxdiag" and click Save. (note where it's been saved so you can find it)

Locate the Dxdiag.txt file just created and open it to copy and paste ALL of it's contents into your reply.