6840B1C8-5EAE-4109-98BE-947C45A97EFC Error

• I have hard crashed out of the game numerous times today and yesterday (probably 10 or so). It usually happens in the middle of Rifts and GRs, and there is no "resume game" option. I just lose my riftstones/progress.

This has never been an issue in the past. I'm on Windows 7 sp2 with a GTX970 (updated drivers today to see if it fixed, but no dice).

I want to play Season 8, please help.
  • Hey there Fatharro!

Going over this let's start by disabling the Battle.net Streaming feature:
    1. Click on the Battle.net icon in the top left hand corner of the app and go to Settings
    2. Go to the Streaming section
    3. Uncheck Enable Streaming and hit Done

If there are still issue let's go through and disable the Nvidia Share feature: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4228/~/how-to-disable-the-geforce-experience-share-in-game-overlay

From there if you're still having issues please grab us a msinfo and dxdiag report: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/obtaining-system-files

Be sure to post those using the code blocks to keep things clean ^_^
  • Thanks for grabbing that! Going over the msinfo I'd start by making sure that Discord is closed when playing as we've had conflicts with the overlay feature in the past.

From there let's test with the game resolution set to 1920x1200 rather than 2560x1600.

One other thing I'd check is the D3Prefs.txt file located in the Documents\Diablo III folder. Let's make sure that DisplayModeRefreshRate is set to 60 or 59.
  • At this point we probably will want to look into reinstalling in case there's an issue with a corrupt file not being picked up by the scan and repair. If you have the option to let's try the reinstall on a drive other than the D drive.
  • At this point we probably will want to look into reinstalling in case there's an issue with a corrupt file not being picked up by the scan and repair. If you have the option to let's try the reinstall on a drive other than the D drive.