Login problem

• Every time I have tried to log in today, I have gotten an error message but I don't know what the issue is. Has anyone else had any issues?
  • DeathDealer,

Your friend is going to need to contact us for help with his account. Once he's able to prove ownership of it, we can send a password reset to him.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help
  • GhostDragon,

For your situation, we might be able to help a bit better if we knew what it was telling you.
  • Hey y'all,

For those who are unable to log in at all and crash when they try, we've found that some of these problems have just been due to out of date graphics drivers or windows. Looking over a bunch of these error reports, some of you have at least the driver problem. Can you all make sure to download and install the most recent driver for your graphics card from Nvidia, AMD, or Intel.

You'll also want to run windows update manually and see if there are any new updates.

We're also looking into a reports of problems with the new 64 bit client we put in with this patch. Especially for those with older computer hardware, this may be helpful. If you still can't log in, you can try toggling back to 32 bit mode as follows:

1. Open the battle.net application
      2. Click "Options" above the news widget and choose "Game Settings"
      3. Click the box for "Run 32-bit client (instead of 64-bit)."

Launch the game again after that and see how things go.
  • 01/06/2017 12:30 PMPosted by Smexxin
    I'm trying to do a clean install of diablo 3, and I'm not quite sure how to change it to 32 bit client, because its not connecting to the server at all. I've updated flash, graphics card, I have no antivirus software blocking it, I've updated my direct x. I honestly have no idea what else to do at this point

Hey there,

The option isn't in game - it's on the Battle.net Application (The installer) after the game has been patched to the latest version. Just follow the steps in my last post and you can toggle to 32 bit mode.

If this doesn't help, can you please start a new thread for me? It'll help if you generate a text copy of your DxDiag using these instructions. Once you have that made, open the file. You'll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post using the "Code" button (</>). This will give us some more information which we can use to check it out in more detail.
  • Silkenrune,

There are some known issues with the latest patch, but the one you are mentioning is not one of them. It sounds like you have a totally different problem. Can you try launching the battle.net application (instead of the game) as an administrator? It should patch the data you're missing.

If it does not, please start your own thread with as much information as you can on what steps you've already tried. "I've tried everything" doesn't help us help you or help us find out if there is a problem with the game, because we need to know what 'everything' entails and what that rules out.
  • 01/07/2017 01:40 PMPosted by GhostDragon
    Drakuloth, I installed the latest drivers and updated everything but it still won't work. The code it gives me changes every time but it is not an error code, it is so you know where or what to look at, I believe. I tried uninstalling the game but now I cannot even reinstall the game.

Ah, found it. You're getting an exception report with the Battle.net application, rather than Diablo. This is different than the other issues we've seen this week. Your problem is with the application itself. It looks like yours is installed on your D:\ drive. Sometimes Battle.net can run into some permissions problems when it is not on C:\.

Can you try uninstalling the battle.net application and then reinstalling on C:\ ? That may fix the problem you're having with reinstalling. Diablo III can be on any harddrive you like, but I recommend that you put it on an internal harddrive. External harddrives are more prone to problems with the streaming application we use to patch.