Severe sudden lag

• I've been running MP3 Act 1 on the Skeleton King quest today. Game has been playing just fine. Didn't even die much (was my 1st MP3 on inferno).

Then I decided I'd join a public game to kill Diablo. Upon doing so, my game began to lag a lot. Mainly around magic/unique/rare mobs. So bad that I sometimes missed entire fights. Eventually got to Diablo. That fight started out just fine, until the 50% cut scene sending the party to the shadow realm. That's when my screen froze for a while, just to unfreeze after we all died. Second attempt had similar results, but I did manage to help some in the shadow realm.

So.. what happened? This is a rare occurrence for me to lag this bad in D3. Even WoW doesn't lag this bad.

I already have everything set to the lowest game settings.
  • Do you know what latency you get when this happens and what your frame rate per second (FPS) is?

Also, can you post your system specs?

1. Launch Diablo III.
      2. Put Diablo III into Windowed Mode if it is not already in Windowed Mode.
      3. From the system menu bar, select Help > Copy Support Information: http://i49.tinypic.com/33njnzn.png
      4. Paste the contents of the copied system information here (Command-V)