64-Bit client appears to be eating inputs.

• Preface: Based on what we can tell, this is not latency based, however it cannot be 100% ruled out.

In talking to a friend of mine, we appear to be experiencing a similar event where everything is occurring as it should and for whatever reason, when we go to issue an action to our character, whether that be Vault or Dashing Strike etc, our characters just stand there until we issue the command again as if the original input was ate.

I have not been able to recreate this in town (tested for about 15 minutes) and it appears to only happen for us while we are actively engaged in combat, whether that be in rifts, GRs or just doing bounties.

A reddit post I made last night appears to show that there are others experiencing similar oddities. What would be the best approach for trying to test and nail down what would be causing this?
  • Hey there Menagese!

I have seen this trouble across multiple games, including non blizzard games. It's not super common but it can happen. In the few cases I know of that match up to your symptoms exactly, we have found it to be causes by interference from another program that includes an in game overlay feature.

If you are running any chat or streaming programs that come with in-game overlay functions, try disabling the function and if that doesn't help temporarily uninstalling the program. Additionally, If you have Geforce Experience or AMD's ReLive, try disabling the Share functions in each as they have been reported by a few players as interfering with keyboard inputs.
  • Before you consider a wipe of your system, I would recommend checking out a few other possibilities. A system wipe is pretty last resort and while likely to solve your troubles, not guaranteed.

Any software could interfere including streaming software, even keyboard/mouse control software. Pretty much anything that interacts with the game or the devices you use to play the game has such potential. In rare cases this could even be a network or connection issue meaning that even a system wipe wouldn't solve it if the connection was having trouble.

I'd go ahead and try the following to see if that helps the situation before attempting something as drastic as a system wipe:

Perform a DNS Flush.

Try doing an extended power cycle on your system. Turn off all devices including the modem. Wait 20 minutes, turn on the modem, wait 5 minutes, turn on any network devices, wait 2 minutes, turn on your computer and try the game.

You can try switching your DNS settings to use Google's free public DNS servers instead of your ISPs Servers. Google is pretty good about quick updates to navigate around emerging online issues and this may help get you around the problem area.

Let's reset the in game user options:
    1. Click the blue bnet icon on the bnet app.
    2. Choose settings, then game settings.
    3. Click the reset in game user options button under the correct game listing.
    4. Confirm the changes and close the window.

We will want to run the repair tool on the game client.

Try running your system in selective startup mode.

Ok, if all else fails let us try this one last thing. Creating a new administrator account.

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the game.

If that does not solve the issue, I would like some additional information about your system and the programs running on it. Please carefully read the following as we only want certain bits of information here on the forums:

1.) Hit Windows+R on your keyboard together, which will bring up the Run dialog. Then type the following and hit enter: msinfo32
      2.) In the window that opens, click on the + sign next to Software Environments, then click on Running Tasks. Click on one item on the right side, click on Edit, and then Select All (Or hit Ctrl-A). Click on Edit, and the Copy (Or hit Ctrl-C)
      3.) Paste that into a reply.
      4.) Go back to MSInfo and click Services, click any item on the right, click on Edit, and then Select All (Or hit Ctrl-A). Click on Edit, and then Copy (Or hit Ctrl-C)
      5.) Post that back as another reply.

When posting the reports, please highlight them and click the code button to encase them in code blocks. This will make them easier to analyze. :)
  • If the suggestions I put did not help, I recommend putting in a ticket here. That way we can work with you directly to gather the additional information we need. I can tell you this is something that can be figured out and that despite reports that "Everyone" is experiencing this issue, the vast majority of players are not. You only see those reporting issues because those who are not experiencing any trouble are not on the tech support forums. Its not a fair representation of the community at large. This isn't to say there isn't an issue with the game but I have seen this very issue fixed for others via the same troubleshooting we are doing for you so to not attempt it would be a disservice. If it doesn't work you are no worse off and these reports are being investigated on our end as well.