Issue on Digital Purchase

• Dear Sir,

I had paid for the Diablo 3 digital copy. Somehow, I don't have the game key to download the Diablo 3. I also received the purchase receipt via email.

Now, the bank confirmed that you had charged me the bill but I cannot play the game. It is unfair that you didn't provide me the game key in the email.

How can I get the game key?

Thank you.
  • Dear Sir,

I had paid for the Diablo 3 digital copy. Somehow, I don't have the game key to download the Diablo 3. I also received the purchase receipt via email.

Now, the bank confirmed that you had charged me the bill but I cannot play the game. It is unfair that you didn't provide me the game key in the email.

How can I get the game key?

Thank you.

I was able to look at your Battle.net account. I do see you have bought the presale D3. You won't need a key for this. Just download the game, and if it asks if you have already added the game to Battle.net, say yes.
  • This is something I'm not too clear on. I will have to look into this matter further and see what I can find out.
  • This is a known issue that we are investigating.
  • If you've purchased Diablo III with-in the last 72 hours, this is why. The payment is still processing, so the starter edition restriction are on until the payment fully processes.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-starter-edition-guest-pass

Note: Most Diablo III Starter Edition restrictions will remain in place until payment verification is fully complete. This may take up to 72 hours.

We're working on updating the messaging on other places.
  • 06/21/2012 05:36 AMPosted by JCT
    I bought Starcraft II digitally in the same way, and none of this "waiting" crap happened. Dunno why Blizzard decided to do this with D3.

World of Warcraft has this same payment process.

See, even though you buy the game online, the bank hasn't fully verified the payment yet. This shows up as a authorization hold if you check your bank statement. During this time the bank can decline it for any reason. 72 hours typical is how long the bank takes to verify that the purchase is legitimate.
  • Try it now DracoSwag, and see if the issue persists.
  • Try resetting your Battle.net password and see if it forces the cache to update and see your have a full game version. If that fails, let me know.
  • Hey Nikko,

I did not see any purchase on your account for Diablo III so I take it that you purchased a physical copy of the game. After purchasing a physical copy of Diablo III you will need to claim the Diablo III authentication key on your Blizzard account here. The key is usually located on or in the dvd case.