Game takes me to desktop and then back to game

• Hi all,

I posted this topic a second ago and it looks like it was removed. I have no idea why, I have looked through all of the forum pages and the welcome posts and I do not have an answer to my issue.

My game takes me back to the desktop and then back into game. Sometimes this happens rapidly over and over again, sometimes it will only happen once every 30 mins. This is currently happening every time I log into the game.

I turned down foreground and background FPS to 50 and disabled vsync, this helped for a sec but didnt help the issue I am having.

I have disabled nvidia optimus using BIOS settings and this also did not help.

Please let me know if you can help, or let me what to do to get this working. Its a great game and I just want to play.

My specs are i7-6700HQ, 16gb RAM, GTX 1070 - Laptop.
  • midnightL,

Try booting in selective startup once and playing like that for a while and see if it still happens.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/backgroundapps
  • Heya midnightL,

In situations where your clean installations aren't fixing the problem, I tend to recommend blowing everything away using a utility like Display Driver Uninstaller and doing a fresh install. This tries to get rid of a lot of those junk files that get left behind and old profiles as well.

1. Download, but do not install the most recent driver for your graphics card from Nvidia
      2. Download Display Driver Uninstaller from The Wagnard Mobile Forum (Click “Official Download Here” near the bottom of Wagnard's first post. It will automatically download)
      3. Run the Display Driver Uninstaller file you downloaded and “extract” it to desktop
      4. On your desktop, click “Display Driver Uninstaller” and run it. Do not run in safe mode.
      5. Click “Clean and Restart”
      6. After restart, install the driver that we downloaded above in step 1.

If you're still having trouble after this troubleshooting, please generate a text copy of your DxDiag using these instructions. Once you have that made, open the file. You'll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post using the "Code" button (</>). This will give all of us helping in the thread some more information which we can use to dig deeper into this issue.