The application has encountered an unexpected error.

• 970C82A2-FA31-4416-98D3-7C39C4FD26DC

Can you fix this problem, or give me ideas on how I may troubleshoot this problem? I have disabled most if not all services, yet I encounter problems with my internet connection being unable to connect because of the disabled services. Did playing HC and dying with a level 10 female character cause me to be banned from playing?

Best wishes,
    Odd
  • Oddguard,

Thanks for providing that code. It looks like you were getting an Error 1. I reset your account from my end. Please try the account again and let me know what happens.

Got some feedback?
  • Oddguard,

Let's try deleting the Battle.net Tools folder to see if that helps.

Here's how to do that:

1. Restart the computer.
    2. Ensure that show hidden files and folders is enabled.

3. For Windows Vista and 7: Click Start and select Computer.

-Windows XP: Click Start and select My Computer.
    -Windows 8: Windows Key + Q and select Computer.

4. For Windows Vista and 7: Double-click the C drive, then the ProgramData folder, and then delete the Battle.net folder.

-Windows XP: Double-click the C drive, then Documents and Settings, then All Users, then Application Data, and then delete the Battle.net folder.
    -Windows 8: Double-click the C drive, then the ProgramData folder, and then delete the Battle.net folder.

Note: The above steps may cause Battle.net to forget game install locations. If your games can’t be found, you will see Install on the Battle.net game tab instead of Play. To find your installation, click Locate this game or run the game launcher.

Got some feedback?
  • Zynthena,

The crash report isn't very conclusive but it's pointing to being video-related.

Could you please post some information about your computer? You can find this information in the Direct X Diagnostic Tool:

Click on Start
    Click on Run
    Type in: dxdiag (In Vista, type dxdiag in the search field)
    Hit Enter or OK

Click on the Save All Information button at the bottom, and create a dxdiag text file, and copy and paste it ALL here.

I'm available in the forums Monday - Friday 6:00 am - 3:00 pm Pacific Time,
    Feedback? - https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Omrakos
  • Recent occurrences of this symptom are being resolved mostly by just moving the Battle.net Desktop App to drive C if it's currently installed on another drive.
  • JohnnyTHM29,

You don't have to move it of course, that's your decision, but that's the suggested workaround until it's fixed which we unfortunately do not have an ETA as to when that will be.
  • Hito, you'll want to uninstall the Battle.net app first.

Then delete these Battle.net cache files. Hit the Windows button on your keyboard, or click on the Start Menu, and type this:

%APPDATA%

That should take you to this folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming

Delete the Battle.net folder.

Then type this in the address bar of the File Explorer window, or in the Start Menu search again:

%LOCALAPPDATA%

That should take you to this folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local

Delete the Battle.net folder.

Then you'll want to reinstall the Battle.net app, but install it to your c: drive here:

C:\Program Files (x86)

Rate me!

“Today, we retake our homeworld, and with it, our Legacy.”
  • Hey everybody,

Just as a reminder, if your Battle.net application is crashing on startup, this is most likely a known bug which we are aware of and working on. If your Diablo III is crashing after you try to launch it from the Diablo III shortcut (which would usually launch the Battle.net application) it is probably this as well.

This isn't the long-term fix we want for this, but the only reliable work around we have right now is uninstalling and reinstalling the Battle.net Application on your C:\ drive. This should allow you to launch the application and the game successfully. If you try this and it fails, you're probably having a different issue and should start your own thread. This will help us keep the troubleshooting straight.

Edit: clarified that not all of these crashes are the known issue, though a large majority are.
  • Hey supaworm- The error report shows that what you are seeing is related to this post and not the known issue with the Battle.net app. Please try the steps in that post.
  • Morning gorski12, SohaiYap and Uriah02,

The error reports show that the troubles you are seeing are an issue we have seen with the Battle.net App. We are currently looking in to this. In the meantime, I do have some steps for you all to try that we have seen help out some players.

1) Press the Windows + R keys
    2) In the Run Box type %programdata% and press OK
    3) In the ProgramData folder delete the Battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment folders

4) Press the Windows + R keys
    5) In the Run Box type %localappdata% and press OK
    6) Delete the Battle.net folder

7) Press the Windows + R keys
    8) In the Run Box type %APPDATA% and press OK
    9) Delete any the Battle.net folder

10) Uninstall and reinstall the Battle.net Desktop App. Please make sure to install the Battle.net App on the C:\ drive. Installing it on another drive can cause issues.

Note: If the Battle.net App does not show the games installed click on the Locate next to the Play button. Then navigate to were the game is installed.