Crusader Sound Issues

• My brother and I have been playing, and as soon as he changed his Crusader to the common Blessed Hammer build, we both noticed our sound was cutting in and out, stuttering a lot.

This must be a technical issue, as I have not run into it before, nor has my brother.
  • Hey All,

I have seen a few reports of this but haven't run across it myself. I do have a potential idea that may help. Basically what we will want to do is adjust your speaker/headphone sample rate and bit depth to see if that helps.

To do this for Windows 10 at least(other versions of Windows should be similar) you will want to right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right of the screen and select playback devices. In this window we will want to right click on your headphones/speakers and go to Properties. Now lets pop over to the Advanced tab where the sample rate is listed in the top drop down and set it to the lowest sample rate just to test which should be '2 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality). Hit apply and jump in game and see if this persists. If that works you can come back and try turning it up until the crackling comes back and just change it back to a setting that works.
  • Lets go ahead and get some DXDIAG reports from anyone experiencing this so we can take a look. Just reply back and paste the contents between the CODE(</>) tags and I can take a look. I would also make sure your sound drivers are up to date and another thing we can try is disable programs from taking exclusive control of your sound device by following the below steps.
    To disable programs from taking exclusive control of audio devices you will want to right click on the volume mixer in the task bar and go to Playback Devices. Right click on your headset and go to properties, go to the Advanced tab and uncheck Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device. Once you do that hit ok.
  • At this point lets head ingame and in the Sound Options turn the Sound Channels down to Low(16) and see if that makes any difference? If you still have issues try adjusting it up and see if there are any improvements.
  • The sound stuttering issue with Blessed Hammers is a known issue being investigated by the QA guys. They haven't given any sort of ETA or workaround though for a solution.