Kept on Crashing!

• I stopped playing the game for a very long time and i just updated it to Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. I was very excited to play the game again. I was able to play the game for roughly bout 10-15 mins then it crashed. After that i cannot play the game anymore kept on CRASHING! DARN IT! I tried repairing it but up to no avail.

My Mac OsX is updated so guess there's no problem with that. Can someone help me with this? i really want to play the game,it's not worth the money if i cannot even play it.

Thanks!
  • Hey JeffDG,

What version of OS X are you running? I would make sure you are running MacOS Sierra 10.12.3
  • JeffDG,

Where gaming on a Mac is concerned, it's always a good idea to keep your operating system as up to date as possible, so I would recommend it. Basically, updating your OS also gives you access to more recent drivers, bugfixes, etc. It's not as necessary for some other applications but it's pretty much my #1 step for performance problems on a mac. Other than that, you also want to close off other background applications. These can hog your system's resources like access to your graphics drivers or RAM.
  • JeffDG,

Do you get any error messages when the crash happens? What does it look like when it crashes? (Beach ball, white screen, does everything just freeze up, does the whole mac crash with a kernel panic or just the game? Is there a sound loop?) All that should help us identify the problem.
  • Hey all,

I do have some troubleshooting steps I would like you to try to help get Diablo III running properly and get you both back playing. If Diablo III is still crashing please post the info about your Mac and the Diablo III Error Logs.

• Run the Diablo III repair tool.

• Reset In-Game Options.
      1) Select the game in the Battle.net Desktop App and click Options .
      2) Click Game Settings.
      3) Click on Reset In-Game Options.
      4) Click Done and launch the game normally.

• It is possible another program could be interfering with Diablo III. To see if this is the case please run your computer with login items disabled.

Please post some information about the Mac.
      1) Open the Apple menu and select About This Mac.
      2) Post the Mac OS X version number
      3) Post the Type of Mac. Exp: MacBook Pro (15 inch, Mid 2014)
      4) Post the Processor, Memory, and Graphics
  • JeffDG,

I assume the reinstall didn't work for you. You don't actually meet Diablo 3's minimum system requirements. You only have 2 gigs of RAM, it looks like. Since that's the case, the game can't process all of the actions it needs to process quickly enough on your hardware. You're probably going to either need to get extra RAM installed in your macbook (cheaper option and should probably work just fine for now) or purchase a newer model.

This was a decent gaming computer when it came out, but it's about 7 years old now sadly. Note that the RAM upgrade option is probably only a temporary fix. If we update the Diablo III engine again, it's very likely that this computer won't be supported anymore.
  • Good question! We actually house the 'license' for the game on your account itself. Just reinstall the battle.net application from the website and it'll download the game. As long as you're logged into this account, your permission to play the game and characters travel with you wherever you go.