Game crashing dispite trying everything.

• So just to say it. I've been through everything on the forums. Every time i play i get disconected. I tried router management, windows controls, I even uninstalled and reinstalled as a last resort which seemed to help a bit but continued to persist shortly there after. i deleted the d3xd in docs.

This has persisted for the better portion of a week rendering the game unplayable. If anyone can provide me advise or something i can try that isnt* listed in the forums I would love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.
  • Hey MoonHeaven,

If you are having connection issues I would like to have you run a connection test so we can see what is going on. Just follow the below instructions and reply back with the results and we can go from there.
    WinMTR Instructions:
    1. Download WinMTR from http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/
    2. Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
    3. Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
    4. Run the WinMTR.exe
    5. Type the IP address you want to trace in the "Host" field. If you are not sure what IP address to use, be sure to check out our "Running A Pathping Test" (https://us.battle.net/support/article/7871) support article, which mentions all of our IPs used for troubleshooting purposes.
    6. Click on "Start" and then launch the game. Once you notice the connection issue, play for about 5 more minutes, minimize the game and click on "Stop".
    7. Click on "Copy text to clipboard" and paste the results into your reply.
  • I understand your frustration, unfortunately each situation is unique and there is no simple fix and we have to collect information, run tests and use our previous experience troubleshooting any issues. If we run into a situation where it turns out there is a server issue we can definitely get it looked into and resolved. However looking over everything I do see a large amount of players able to play without any issue and if there was a server issue we would definitely be getting a lot more posts on this and we do have a team that monitors the status of all of our servers and are generally aware of any issues as soon as they happen and begin working on resolving them.

I wish I had an easy fix cause we want you to be able to play. If you want assistance with figuring this out we are here but we will need to try a few things and then we can go from there. However if you do not want to provide the requested information we cannot provide any assistance.
  • Hey Moonheaven,

So looking at your WinMTR it is showing some latency jumps that are likely the cause.
    | router.asus.com - 0 | 1397 | 1397 | 1 | 2 | 12 | 2 |
    | 10.0.0.1 - 1 | 1393 | 1392 | 1 | 6 | 143 | 5 |
    | 96.120.69.41 - 0 | 1397 | 1397 | 10 | 20 | 269 | 15 |
    |ge-1-40-ur02.needham.ma.boston.comcast.net - 0 | 1397 | 1397 | 10 | 19 | 282 | 17 |
    | 96.108.156.37 - 0 | 1397 | 1397 | 11 | 22 | 282 | 18 |
    The 1% packet loss on hop 2 could be just a fluke, I only highlight it just incase it is a factor. My biggest concern is the spike to 143ms on hop 2 which progressively gets worse. This could indicate a problem at the modem. What I would do is try to bypass your router and connect directly to the modem and see how the performance is there.

Another thing we can try is to disable checksum offloading and see if that helps.
    • Click on Start.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Double click on the System icon
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand the section labeled Network Adapters.
    • Right click on your network card and select Properties.
    • Click on the Advanced Tab
    • Click on Checksum Offloading (or Hardware Checksumming).
    • Change the value on the right to Disable.
    • Click OK.
    I would give that a shot and see if there is any improvement.
  • Ultimately this may come down to a problem with your wireless connection. You can try switching from 5ghz to 2.4ghz if you are using 5ghz. Along with that I would try changing the channel, making sure the router is as high as it can be in the room as it is along with reducing the amount of objects between your computer and router.