Mouse pointer is unresponsive in top LH corner

• Mouse pointer freezes into top left hand corner on D3 v2.4.3 startup at the authentication screen/login screen. Mouse pointer is unresponsive and if you ALT-TAB in and out multiple times it suddenly starts running again normally.
    This started a few days ago after the last D3 update.
    Sometimes there's a Error Box that comes up and if you tell it to reload it works. I forgot to get a pic of that and the paper I wrote it on I think went into the recycling. I'll try and get it again.
  • Hey there Hawkdapus!

Hmm so this is a pretty unusual issue and without more specific system information I can only take a guess based on the symptoms you are seeing.

It sounds like some program that provides an in game overlay or otherwise interacts with the game is not functioning like its supposed to. Its also possible there is some unusual resolution or settings issue with Diablo III.

I recommend checking for and temporarily uninstalling any programs that can interact with the game client in any way. This includes software like Razor Synapse, Geforce Experience (You can just disable the share functions under settings for this) any sort of social or chat software like Discord or Raptr or even Curse Client, even streaming programs like Plays.tv or OBS.

From there I recommend resetting the in game settings for Diablo III via the Battle.net Desktop Application: a. Click Options underneath the Overwatch Logo
    b. Choose GameSettings
    c. Select Reset In-Game Options
    d. Click Done.

If that does not solve the issue, I would like some additional information about your system and the programs running on it. Please carefully read the following as we only want certain bits of information here on the forums:

1.) Hit Windows+R on your keyboard together, which will bring up the Run dialog. Then type the following and hit enter: msinfo32
      2.) In the window that opens, click on the + sign next to Software Environments, then click on Running Tasks. Click on one item on the right side, click on Edit, and then Select All (Or hit Ctrl-A). Click on Edit, and the Copy (Or hit Ctrl-C)
      3.) Paste that into a reply.
      4.) Go back to MSInfo and click Services, click any item on the right, click on Edit, and then Select All (Or hit Ctrl-A). Click on Edit, and then Copy (Or hit Ctrl-C)
      5.) Post that back as another reply.

When posting the reports, please highlight them and click the code button to encase them in code blocks. This will make them easier to analyze. :)