The Vault and Greed Boss?

• What the heck is the Vault? I just hit 70 and finally started farming some loots on master and I was spamming the loot button and all of sudden I entered a place called Vault! Millions of gold, tons of gems including legendary and got some legendary gears as well. Some gifts to mail to boot. Did I just win a lotto? I switched to T1 shortly after realizing I'm here to loot lol. What fun that was!
  • 02/09/2015 08:08 AMPosted by Chorro
    by the way, i got a boon gem from a regular greater rift yesterday. didn't know in console boon of hoarder just drops from RG in grifts. i was worried that i had to farm for the vault.

Boon of the Hoarder doesn't automatically have a chance to drop off of regular Rift Guardians until a player has been in a game where a portal to the Vault was opened. It didn't always work this way, but this update was included in patch 2.1.2. We wanted to make sure that players who had somehow missed the portal still had a chance to get the gem, and it goes a long way to help Hardcore players, too.
  • 02/10/2015 04:18 AMPosted by homerjnick
    I'll even add that whilst I power level on softcore to help others I've NEVER EVER been online in Hardcore and it is Hardcore that I have been playing for the last 3 months thus there is no way I could have ever been in an online game that had a portal open...

And I would not have missed a portal to The Vault solo considering I've been trying to get in there since 2.1 was released.

Thank you for letting us know about this. We're looking into a small number of situations similar to this to find out why Boon of the Hoarder is sometimes dropping outside of the Vault in situations we didn't intend it to. I'll be sure to let you all know more about it once we have more info to share.