Chicken or Egg

• This is my first forum post and I wanted to ask something that's been on my mind since I started playing. Simple put is the item that a monster or a chest drop predetermined or does the game decide what comes out at the moment you open it or kill that monster. I suppose what i'm asking is do I really need to clear an entire level and search every nook and cranny to get that next Legendary item. Or is that Leg going to drop anyway know matter what I do.
  • 05/28/2014 10:52 PMPosted by WreckitRalph
    I suppose what i'm asking is do I really need to clear an entire level and search every nook and cranny to get that next Legendary item. Or is that Leg going to drop anyway know matter what I do.

You'd want to clear as much as possible to answer this question directly. Loot is determined once you've killed a monster, opened a chest, or are given a random reward. Good hunting!
  • 05/29/2014 02:32 PMPosted by OldSchool
    I think what he means is it more practical to back track because he missed a small area or keep moving forward.

Doh, good catch. It really is a personal choice, but it seems like most of the players I group with tend to just open and kill everything in their path without backtracking too much. Running half way across the map to break a barrel might give you a sense of completion, but it's not the most efficient way to find Legendary items.