Undocumented changes and complete lack of communication

• These forums are annoying to say the least. They're filled by "omfg this game sucks I quit" threads posted by trolls or entitled young persons that will log in again as soon as they're done QQing here. That's annoying as hell and I really feel for the blue posters. It would really take a lot of money for me to put up with that.

That said,

The way Blizzard has been handling things with 2.0.5 is terrible. I'm not gonna get into how good/bad are classes/game balance changes (although you don't wanna get me started on how they simply turned a great set - Zunimassa - into something completely useless) because this is a pretty subjective topic and you'll never get a consensus. There will be (mostly silent) happy peoples, there will be (very vocal) angry peoples.

No, my issue here is about Blizzard's communication - or lack thereof - following the patch. As well as undocumented changes. I can't talk for other players but this is what's happening to me as a Witch Doctor :

- There is now a change in the number of Fetishes you can have (maybe documented, I forgot) but somehow the FS are overwriting the FA as they spawn. Is this an intended change ? is this a bug ? ALL the WDs are wondering right now, forums are filled by threads about it, but blizzard won't address the question. Kinda sucks because it'd make a huge difference gears wise.

- Jade set, Blizzard decided to simplify the way it works so people don't "fish for crits" anymore. Great idea. Overall though, many peoples feel like Blizzard took the opportunity to ninja stealth nerf the set. I don't mind a nerf (well actually I do but..), but trying to hide it to avoid a QQ fest just isn't right. Or if it wasn't a nerf, then speak up and show us some maths !

- At the moment It seems that skill damage bonus equipment is broken on Jade set (Haunt skill). Many peoples have done the math, again, Blizzard is being silent about it.

- Many peoples - myself included - are getting destroyed by elite affixes. Something crazy. Again, I don't see it being addressed. How hard is it to say that you're looking into it ? or you decided to boost those affixes ? Just say something !

I don't expect smooth sailing every time the game gets patched, and I certainly don't expect these forums to become a place where people have constructive, objective and honest discussions, nor a good behavior toward Blizzard reps, but this is in no way an excuse to forgive the current lack of questions addressing.

You're better than that Blizzard.
  • Thanks for putting together this list of feedback, concerns, and questions. A lot of these issues are things we've already addressed, or plan on
    addressing. This thread is a great place to highlight all of them at once, and give everyone a heads up about what we're planning.

05/15/2014 11:58 AMPosted by Norz
    - There is now a change in the number of Fetishes you can have (maybe documented, I forgot) but somehow the FS are overwriting the FA as they spawn. Is this an intended change ? is this a bug ? ALL the WDs are wondering right now, forums are filled by threads about it, but blizzard won't address the question. Kinda sucks because it'd make a huge difference gears wise.

I made a post earlier today about this issue, and you can take a look at it by following this link if you're interested. Basically it says there is a bug with Witch Doctors overriding Fetish Army with Fetish Sycophants, and we'll be addressing it in patch 2.1.0. Tsarnis from our QA team also responded here, too.

- Jade set, Blizzard decided to simplify the way it works so people don't "fish for crits" anymore. Great idea. Overall though, many peoples feel like Blizzard took the opportunity to ninja stealth nerf the set. I don't mind a nerf (well actually I do but..), but trying to hide it to avoid a QQ fest just isn't right. Or if it wasn't a nerf, then speak up and show us some maths !

I understand where you're coming from, but this change really had nothing to do with the Jade Harvester set. Some players do "fish for crits" as you mentioned, but plenty of them actually use their DoTs as a single cast fire-and-forget. This change actually resulted in a pretty significant buff for those players in addition to being a general quality of life improvement.

- At the moment It seems that skill damage bonus equipment is broken on Jade set (Haunt skill). Many peoples have done the math, again, Blizzard is being silent about it.

We're currently looking into this issue, and I'll be sure to update this thread as soon as we know more.

- Many peoples - myself included - are getting destroyed by elite affixes. Something crazy. Again, I don't see it being addressed. How hard is it to say that you're looking into it ? or you decided to boost those affixes ? Just say something !

There was a bug with Plagued which caused it to deal more damage than we intended, particularly in the form of immediate damage. We implemented a hotfix that addressed this last night, but Plagued was the only affix we identified as having unintentionally increased damage. We'd be interested in hearing your examples if you feel there are additional affixes that seem to be doing disproportionately high damage, though.
  • 05/15/2014 12:33 PMPosted by InvalidID
    Another undocumented change: The female barbs leap animation has been slowed to match the males, even though the males animation feels like its the one that's bugged (theres no other ability in the game that freezes your character in place after its used). I would love to hear some communication about it. The problem isn't a difference in clear time or damage output, it is just a nerf to the way the gameplay flows.

Nevalistis made a post about this issue yesterday, but I'll quote her in this thread to help spread the information. Essentially, we did it to make the male and female Leap animations comparable, but we agree that we went in the wrong direction. We'll be changing it to be faster in an upcoming patch (most likely patch 2.1.0)

The animations between the male and female Barbarian for Leap is something that's been different for quite some time, since the original Diablo III release in fact. Of course, the difference wasn't very noticeable as, at the time, you couldn't Leap multiple times back to back.

With the introduction of Lut Socks, this magnified the previously unnoticed difference, and we agreed that we needed to fix it to make sure both animations were completing at the same time and therefore performing equally. We do agree the fix went in the wrong direction, and as a result you'll see a change in a future patch where both Barbarian genders will Leap at not only a faster pace than the current implementation, but faster than the original female animation.
  • 05/15/2014 12:02 PMPosted by Hlidskjalf
    Here's one not in the notes as well.

Barbarian War Cries no longer stack. So if you have 2 barbs in the group using War Cry you only gain the effect of the last one cast.

Nice little un-needed stealth nerf.

We intended for the various runes of War Cry to stack together, but there's currently a bug involved that prevents that from happening. This should be taken care of in an upcoming hotfix, but we don't have a current ETA to share. We'll update the Patch 2.0.5 Hotfixes thread as soon it's been taken care of, though.
  • We've been investigating monster affix damage to see if anything was doing unintended damage or not, and we've determined that affix damage is currently working the way it should be. For clarity, there was a bug with the Plagued affix doing more damage than we wanted, but that has been fixed, though.