►►Unable to start Diablo 3 Launcher [Solution]◄◄

• I have been seeing reports that players are having issues running Diablo III by clicking the game client's icon in the Diablo III folder, and after having experienced the same by testing on my installation, I have determined the cause and found a series of steps that will resolve this issue for you and allow you to once again use the Diablo III icon to launch your game as you did prior to this patch:

1) Navigate to the folder containing the Diablo 3 game executable and the Diablo 3 Launcher.

2) Delete the file Diablo III Launcher (move to trash via CMD-Delete/Backspace).

3) Run the Battle.net Desktop App. You should already have this as it is required to run Diablo 3 as of 2.0.1. If your BDA is set to automatically apply updates it will download a new fully functional Launcher app and place it where it belongs in your Diablo III directory. If your BDA is set to the Never automatically apply updates option, then you will need to manually click Update and the BDA will then perform the update operation.

The issue should now be resolved regarding the Diablo 3 app failing to run the Launcher. It seems that the initial patching download from the CDN servers had a corrupt file (the launcher) which appears fixed as of today and deleting and redownloading it resolves this.

Good luck, and enjoy the great loot hunt! :)
    2. Protect the innocent.
    3. Uphold the law.
    4. Smash, Jay, Smash!
  • Thanks for your workaround on this Tiap!
  • Hey all,

If TheTias' workaround doesn't work, it may be related to a permission issue. Try the steps below.

If you're missing the Diablo III Launcher.app file, try repairing Diablo III from the Battle.net App, which should restore the missing launcher.