2.0.5 Puzzle Ring not retroactive?

• Checked my Puzzle Ring when I got into a game this afternoon and it doesn't say anything new. The patch notes say:

•The goblins have been scouring Sanctuary for better loot to drop:

•Legendary drop chance doubled
    •Rare items dropped will now always have six affixes
    •The counter for picking up normal-quality items will now persist through death, act transitions, and un-equipping the item
    •It still will not persist across game sessions
    •The goblin will now play a sound when its counter reaches max and it drops an item

I was also still getting plenty of rares with 4 and 5 mods on them. Does this mean the old Puzzle Rings won't be upgraded to the 2.0.5 bonuses?
  • 05/13/2014 02:15 PMPosted by Ziva
    Checked my Puzzle Ring when I got into a game this afternoon and it doesn't say anything new. The patch notes say:

•The goblins have been scouring Sanctuary for better loot to drop:

•Legendary drop chance doubled
    •Rare items dropped will now always have six affixes
    •The counter for picking up normal-quality items will now persist through death, act transitions, and un-equipping the item
    •It still will not persist across game sessions
    •The goblin will now play a sound when its counter reaches max and it drops an item

I was also still getting plenty of rares with 4 and 5 mods on them. Does this mean the old Puzzle Rings won't be upgraded to the 2.0.5 bonuses?

This seems like the sort of thing that might be hard to tell if it was retroactively adjusted or not, so I asked around to find out for sure. It turns out it was, so any them that were found after patch 2.0.1 should be working like the new version.