The new paragon system question

• I recently just got onto the ptr and noticed that my paragon level was only 29.

I was under the impression that if you are on the live version of the game with a paragon level 19 toon and a paragon level 20 toon that your paragon level in the new system would be a total between all of your paragon levels before the new system launches, which in my case is a paragon level of 39 when the new paragon system launches.

So where did 29 come from? Or did I have the wrong understanding?
  • 02/21/2014 08:21 AMPosted by stitekili
    So where did 29 come from? Or did I have the wrong understanding?

It's a little confusing, but Paragon 2.0 adds up your total Paragon experience to determine your new Paragon level, and not your total number of current Paragon levels. I'll take this opportunity to quote our 2.0.1 PTR and Closed Beta Patch Notes to give a little additional information about Paragon 2.0 that you might find helpful.

Paragon levels are now account-wide and shared across all characters. However, Paragon levels are tracked independently for Hardcore and Normal mode characters.

In addition, there is no longer a cap on Paragon levels; they may be gained infinitely.

Bonuses gained upon achieving Paragon levels have been redesigned. Players no longer gain static primary stats and Magic/Gold find. Instead, players will now earn Paragon points in four separate categories: Core, Offense, Defense, and Utility.

With these changes in mind, the Paragon leveling curve has been updated.