Thoughts on newest iteration

• Been playing the new patch quite a bit since it was introduced to the servers and i have to say it seems amazing. actually found a few upgrades for my main including a pair of strongarm bracers that was significant damage AND survival upgrade aswell as the legendary affix.

I made a new character to do a playthrough just for giggles and i decided on trying a witchdoctor, since i have a very solid hellfire ring(has average dmg) as well as having spare ruby gems for my socketed weapons. As a result I was able to blast through torment 6 in the start and i gotta say the new xp gains are amazing. surprisingly, the new xp gains, atleast pre60 might be somewhat over the top seeing as when the butcher died I was lvl 52. at this point i had been forced to lower the difficulty and was playing at torment 4 but it was still somewhat absurd xp gains.

As i played around at 60 with the new xp gains the paragon levels was very very nice and you could see the xp bar moving at what i'd consider a reasonable pace and you felt progress was being made without it feeling silly. The game on torment 1 was somewhat too easy in all honesty. on the fresh char i made, beyond having the hellfire ring and the red gem on weapon i have never been forced to lower difficulty to below torment and i believe the smoothness of the difficulties could be better.

Overall i feel the newest iteration seem VERY solid and i'm enjoying playing it very much and i feel that this iteration seem pretty close to a releasable version.
  • 02/09/2014 04:55 AMPosted by Fyric
    I made a new character to do a playthrough just for giggles and i decided on trying a witchdoctor, since i have a very solid hellfire ring(has average dmg) as well as having spare ruby gems for my socketed weapons. As a result I was able to blast through torment 6 in the start and i gotta say the new xp gains are amazing. surprisingly, the new xp gains, atleast pre60 might be somewhat over the top seeing as when the butcher died I was lvl 52. at this point i had been forced to lower the difficulty and was playing at torment 4 but it was still somewhat absurd xp gains.

Wow, that's a heck of a first run. Do you happen to know what your playtime was like on your Witch Doctor when you killed the Butcher?