2 Handed Weapons Are a Joke

• Less than worthless. Laughable. Instant brimstones. Makes me cringe when I see one drop.

What was the thought process when re-designing 2-handers? What we have now are weapons that roll with lower damage than most legendary 1-handed weapons, have no crit damage roll, and 99% of the time have no socket, on top of having either a worthless legendary effect or none at all. I just don't understand it. How can you make weapons like Thunderfurry and expect people to use any 2 handed weapon? That weapon destroys any 2-hander you can find, AND you get an off-hand to go with it.

My suggestions for 2-handed weapons:
    Massively increase all rolls, including damage. They're a joke now. Should be at least 30% higher than any 1 handed weapon.Allow crit damage to frequently roll on 2-handers, with a much higher range that any 1 handed weapon. Any 2-handed weapon without crit damage is trash when you get 10% cc from an off-hand.Improve legendary effects. The best 2-handed weapon I've found so far was a Scourge (crap compared to my vanilla Skorn and PTR 1-hander Hack) and the legendary effect "chance to explode with demonic furry..." didn't feel like it was doing anything. Meanwhile, Johnny Thunderfurry is melting everything on the screen with the same dps..

It doesn't seem like Blizz knows what to do with 2-handed weapons. They've been a joke throughout this game's existence, with the exception of Skorns and a few mythical Doom Hammers. The fact that the latest "buff" was an attack speed increase (while further lowering weapon damage) makes me extremely worried for 2-handed weapons in RoS.
  • 02/10/2014 12:14 PMPosted by MikeHoncho
    Massively increase all rolls, including damage. They're a joke now. Should be at least 30% higher than any 1 handed weapon.

There's a bug right now that might have something to do with this issue. Some items are rolling their damage a tier lower than intended, and in some cases these weapons are not rolling a damage affix at all. We'll have this fixed before 2.0.1 ships, though.