Lower Paragon levels on new patch

• Just wondering if the paragon levels changed or is there a bug. My HC Monk is level 14 in the live realm but I transferred to PTR as level 3. On the last transfer I was level 13 and my PTR level was around level 18.

Also noted was on transfer my SC paragon level was 158 when I imported and on my previous transfer I was level 170.

From that I would assume a change to the paragon tables but it could be a bug too I guess.
  • 02/06/2014 05:39 PMPosted by Niftoo
    Just wondering if the paragon levels changed or is there a bug. My HC Monk is level 14 in the live realm but I transferred to PTR as level 3. On the last transfer I was level 13 and my PTR level was around level 18.

This is, in fact, a bug. We're looking to hotfix it currently.

For clarity: We made some adjustments to the shared Paragon leveling curve in the latest beta/PTR patch and it had a wonky, unintended effect on how individual Paragon levels translated over to an account's shared Paragon level. Several players have reported that copied characters were coming over to the PTR with significantly fewer shared Paragon levels than what they had previously -- or what they expected to be reasonable. This was mostly felt by players who didn't have more than one pLvl 100 character.

Take the OP for example:

02/06/2014 05:39 PMPosted by Niftoo
    My HC Monk is level 14 in the live realm but I transferred to PTR as level 3. On the last transfer I was level 13 and my PTR level was around level 18.

Once the hotfix is live, players should find that, when they copy over characters to the PTR (or when 2.0.1 launches), their shared Paragon level will be at least as high as the highest pLvl character on their account -- never lower.

The total amount of shared Paragon levels you end up with for the same amount of experience you had before is now slightly higher. For accounts with exactly one p100 character and no other Paragon levels, they will find their account-wide paragon level to be 113.