Item drop stats of 1-60 on the PTR.

• These are the notes I took down while leveling a new monk in Hardcore.

Going though Normal difficulty, clearing all maps fully (including backtracking) got me to level 44.

Up to this point, I found a total of 7 legendaries. 4 Were from the guaranteed first-time end of act boss kills.

One was from debris, barrels specifically, in Keep Depths. One was from trash mobs, Two were from the purple you fight right before you get Adria (bug? Did it once, got the legendary, found it odd, so I killed him on another character, no legendary, jumped back on to the one that did get the leg, killed him again, got another legendary, but no more after that.)
    1 Legendary Plan was found, dropped in Act 3 - Heart of the Damned either from an Elite, or trash mob.

Collected materials up to a total of:
    1064 Common Debris
    464 Exquisite Essence
    263 Irridescent Tears
    3 Grisworld Scribblings
    101 Health Potions
    32 Demonic Essences

Up to this point, the game has recorded 17hours, 21minutes for this character.

From this point, I decided to just farm the 3 aspects in act 4 to 60, sure it will be slow,
    and most definitely not the way the game is intended to be played,
    but I prefer having the safety net of obtaining items to make you survive in hardcore.

------

Up to this point, the game has recorded 15hours, 35minutes for this character... Something's not right there.

Results from Aspect farming til 60:

1119 Common Debris
    1485 Exquisite Essence
    1232 Irridescent Trear
    50 Health Potions
    1 Plan - Exalted Fine Orbit Stones
    1 Plan - Exalted Strike Wand
    1 Plan - Exalted Fine Slag Hammer
    14 Legendaries

Obviously no demonic essences, since I only killed the aspects.

Total Gems collected:
    <code>
    ............... Amethyst Emerald Diamond Ruby.. Topaz
    Chipped ....... 7 ...... 7 ..... 4 ..... 2 .... 4
    Flawed ........ 5 ...... 3 ..... 2 ..... 3 .... 2
    Normal ........ 4 ...... 3 ..... 6 ..... 4 .... 5
    Flawless ...... 14 ..... 10 .... 6 ..... 2 .... 5
    Perfect ....... 5 ...... 5 ..... 6 ..... 4 .... 8
    Radiant ....... 8 ...... 6 ..... 7 ..... 6 .... 6
    Square ........ 6 ...... 7 ..... 3 ..... 6 .... 6
    Flawless Square 5 ...... 1 ..... 3 ..... 1 .... 0
    </code>

I think white items, on average, salvage out to about 5 common debris per item, so that's about 224 white items
    So, 224 + 1485 + 1232 + 14 = 2955 Items.
    14/2955 = 0.00473~ Probability of an item being a legendary whenever it drops.

I do not count Potions/Gems/Crafting plans as part of the rate, as the aspects always dropped 3 items, just of varying quality. When a gem/potion/plan dropped, it was the 4th/5th/etc item.

Throughout the whole process, I have gone from my 1.0.8 gold amount of 1,599,815 gold to 2,518,039

I think this process was all done before the 2x legendary droprate hotfix, but the last 4-6, a lot of people in the general chat were talking about said hotfix, and a lot were reporting "lol, first elite I killed got [linked legendary]", Which I experienced also when I switched to my softcore monk for about 5 minutes to see if the "Monster damage has been increased across all levels." hotfix did anything, So I cannot be sure.

EDIT: Had to use dots to get formatting somewhat like what it should be, multiple spaces and tab characters get converted to single spaces for whatever reason.
  • This is good stuff, shish. Thanks for putting it all together in a great format, we really appreciate it!