Bounty mode discourage team play in multiplayergames

• Ged
    I hate joining multiplayer bounty modes. I would much rather do solo games. I really dislike that currently most public games you join people suggest the party to split doing 4 different bounties at the same time. That goes against all Blizzard have intended regarding multiplayer in Diablo 3 - but it is by far the most efficient way to get blood shards at the moment. I outright hate it!
  • You're right about split farming not being our intention. We love coop games, and we definitely don't want players to join multiplayer games just to split up and play solo.

So here's what we did to change it up for the better. We lowered the chance of getting a Legendary from Kadala to reduce the emphasis on farming Blood Shards, but increased Legendary drop rates from monsters. This should result in a reduction of split farming, but we'll continue to keep an eye on things to see how it goes.
  • We're still looking at solutions to reduce split farming, and we plan on revisiting the latest changes that reduced Kadala's Legendary chances later on. I'll quote Travis Day's response so you have a little more insight about it.

01/23/2014 12:16 PMPosted by Travis Day
    We have a lot of solutions to the split farming problem but they are going to take a little time to be put in place and in the mean time we don't want peoples feedback to be completely skewed based on her rewards. This reduction will be revisited once we fix all the split farming issues.