Game crashes loading a specific character

• I have multiple characters on my account, but one very specific character "IKAROSU" crashes the game.

As soon as I create or join a friend's game, the game crashes during the loading screen. The game ONLY crashes on this character.

I tried every other character I have, and for some reason "IKAROSU" is the only character that does this.
  • Thanks for the reports! The best thing you can do to help us figure out why specifically this is happening is list as much detailed information as possible in the text box that pops up with the crash report, and make sure to hit submit so that your report actually makes it into us. Our programmers actually read that stuff so the more detailed you are about your character's skill/item loadout, what you were doing (or trying to do) when the crash occurred, and any other relevant info you can provide can only help us narrow down the cause of the crash.

Thanks!
  • 01/16/2014 07:06 PMPosted by Dritzz
    I only have the reopen or the close button

My mistake, when I said submit, what I really meant was just type something in the text box describing what you were doing, and then hit either the Close or Reopen button. Either will submit the report.

Closing the report window any other way will cause the report to not send. Sorry I didn't clarify that sooner.
  • 01/30/2014 11:23 AMPosted by VocaloidNyan
    That's a good approach. I'll try that. I did copy my game files from my previous hard drive to avoid re-downloading and using unneeded bandwidth.

But as I expected, it didn't help :(

The error is from loading a specific item on my character. I don't think my game files have to do anything with that?

This right here tells me that some data was very likely corrupted in your installation of the game in the copy process. I hate to say it, but your best bet at this point might just be to go ahead and remove your current installation and then re-install.
  • Hi Vocaloidnyan,

Could you go ahead and send a copy of your D3Debug.txt file to [email protected]?
  • Got it. Thanks VocaloidNyan. We will take a look and see if we can't figure it out.