Release problems?

• All of us remember problems with release and most of us were unable to connect to servers for very long time (thank god I was able to connect 00.30 and play) and I was wondering, how it will be on ROS release? There was few releases of expansions in previous Blizzard games and basically there was three options :

1. Log off and log in after midnight to activate expansion (WOW:TBC)
    2. Log off from the game into character selection screen (WOW:Catalysm)
    3. Game will offer you new stuff during play without log off (WOW:MOP)

I would like to play minute after midnight, so my question is how ROS release will be handled? Can we expect overloaded servers again?

Anybody knows answer?

Cheers,

ScareCrow
  • 14/01/2014 15:02Posted by ScareCrow
    I would like to play minute after midnight, so my question is how ROS release will be handled?

I can't share much information on this topic unfortunately, but I can tell you that we are doing everything we can to ensure a smooth launch :-)

14/01/2014 15:02Posted by ScareCrow
    Can we expect overloaded servers again?

We got completely overwhelmed when Diablo III launched as way more people than expected were trying to access the game right from the start, and we are of course not interested in that happening again with the Reaper of Souls launch. I am no clairvoyant but hopefully all should go well this time.
  • 16/01/2014 15:45Posted by GGBtch
    I hope i will see my old friend Error37 again :D

Really?
  • 16/01/2014 17:27Posted by Lenor
    If the launch goes smooth it means Ros isn't good enough.

Hmmm... that is another way of looking at it that I had totally not considered :-)