Another crafting materials thread ...

• I've seen people complaining about the amount of crafting mats which drop, and I tend to agree - there's definitely an overabundance of some and shortage of others. I salvage whatever I don't use in town, and I've crafted a few things - typically one attempt when in town, because I'll only get enough Exquisite Essences for one try on a rare craft.

I also think Demonic Essences are also too low.

Contrary to other people's posts - I've got WAY too many Common Debris.

So in my stash right now -

1183 Common Debris
    301 Iridescent Tears
    13 Demonic Essence
    5 Exquisite Essences

Hopefully that helps the devs understand the ratio this is off - I haven't been crafting like crazy, but something in this mix is off.

EDIT: I have created another thread in the PTR General forum titled "PTR Loot Inventory" - This details the loot I found from a fresh playthrough of the game and includes info on drops and materials found.
  • Thank you for putting together your feedback about crafting. Threads like this do help us find trends, and anecdotal evidence like this goes a long way to lending credence to common issues.

We're currently doing some tuning passes on crafting costs and crafting material drop rates. As I pointed out in this thread, there's a chicken and egg aspect to crafting and resources. Crafting will need to be tuned anytime item drop rates are adjusted, so it's often in a state of evaluation and correction while we're in beta.
  • Are you going to allow us to buy white items from a vendor as a level 1 & salvage them for debris?
    Because right now it's the best way to get debris by far, only 50g per white item as well

I've seen this brought up a few times and want to give you all a heads up that it's going to be changed. Items bought from a vendor will no longer be salvageable in a future beta patch.

Also, thank you all for taking the time to test things out, and sharing your thoughts. It means a lot to us and has been very helpful. I've been keeping an eye on your feedback about crafting in this thread, and will be passing it along.