How is legendary/normal crafting going to work?

• So I am interested to know how does crafting work currently on D3V PTR build and on RoS release.

A) The item stats rolls/lvl depends on the character level. So lets say sets like Cain's blablabla that are low level currently on D3V live server are going to roll with ilvl60~63 when crafted by a level 60 character.

B) Crafting recipes for legendary/set items can drop on any level and thus you can craft one piece on lets say lvl30, or craft it on lvl60.

C) No changes to the crafting there are just new legendary recipes, that drop on RoS.

My question is because I've seen screenshots of a legendary craft that is a low level recipe, but had rolls for lvl70 character. Is this again RoS exclusive feature or the item might've been reforged? Though I didn't see signs of something like that, the item wasn't reforged.
  • The item stats rolls/lvl depends on the character level

The item's stats are rolled based on the character that's crafting it, using the Smart Drop system in Loot 2.0, but the level is static to the recipe used to craft the item. This means if you know how to craft a level 61 Belt, for instance, it will always produce a level 61 belt. However, a Wizard crafting that belt will receive one with stats on it that benefit him most, such as Intelligence or bonus damage to one of their skills, while a Demon Hunter will receive Dexterity or an appropriate bonus damage affix. (There are other combinations possible when crafting, I'm just using these as possible examples!)

01/07/2014 04:30 PMPosted by DeAdLiNe
    Crafting recipes for legendary/set items can drop on any level and thus you can craft one piece on lets say lvl30, or craft it on lvl60.

I don't believe that Legendary patterns will have a chance to drop at every level, but I'm doing some double checking to be sure. What I can share in the mean time is that the old patterns, such as the Cain's Fate set, will continue to craft level 25 versions of the gear. In addition, new level 70 versions for many legacy Legendary patterns will also be available to acquire.

Normal Legendary drops, such as Magefist , however, will have a chance to drop starting at it's original level (in this case, 19) and any level thereafter. That might be where some of the confusion is arising. =)

01/07/2014 04:30 PMPosted by DeAdLiNe
    No changes to the crafting there are just new legendary recipes, that drop on RoS.

Crafting's getting a pretty extensive overhaul. There's a small peek at what's coming in the Patch 2.0.1 PTR/Closed Beta notes, but in summary: new recipes, upgraded versions of existing recipes, consolidated crafting materials, and smart drops applying to crafting are all upcoming changes. Bear in mind that recipes for levels 61+ will be exclusive to those with the Reaper of Souls expansion, but the other changes will come in the pre-expansion patch for all players.