Does Blizzard post on the forums enough?

• Keen to hear what your thoughts are on the frequency blues post on the forums and if you feel they post on the right topics

My personal view is that smaller game developers are far more active on the forums and more willing to engage with players on contentious issues. Blizzard tends to post very erratically and more often that not ignores the threads that are considered important by posters.

I remember awhile ago one of the blues saying they often read posts but avoid posting in many cases to not interrupt the discussion. My view on this is that this is simply an out to avoid getting involved in a discussion that they have no answers to.

Overall it would be nice to see more interaction with the blues and see them contributing more to discussions. It feels like Blizzard has become this big corporate entity and has forgotten about the player base in a way......maybe it is just me?
  • 01/06/2014 01:54 PMPosted by Gibs
    Blizzard tends to post very erratically and more often that not ignores the threads that are considered important by posters.

Simply put, just because we haven't posted in it does not mean the thread was ignored. Replying to each and every thread we read is largely impractical, though one of my goals in general is to post more. I admittedly lurk a little too much at times and there’s always room to improve!

01/06/2014 01:54 PMPosted by Gibs
    I remember awhile ago one of the blues saying they often read posts but avoid posting in many cases to not interrupt the discussion.

There's a lot of situations where this is the case. Some conversations can be "tainted" by the presence of an employee (kind of like the observer effect, but with blue text), especially when we're trying to get a feel for what it is you guys are thinking. I know for myself, I try to jump into threads where direction is needed or requested, or when there’s particularly important information to share or reiterate. It's also worth noting that, though we frequently use the forums to talk or chat or ask questions, their main purpose is really to give players a dedicated space to discuss Diablo III with each other.

01/06/2014 02:04 PMPosted by Planet
    I found this the other day on Urban dictionary. Not that I agree with it in any way, shape or form, but some people do think very little of them.

Regardless of the status of this information as a quote from another site, it includes content that isn't appropriate for the forums.

01/06/2014 03:02 PMPosted by Gibs
    Blizzard could still do a much better job or interacting with the community.

This feedback has definitely been noted, and I thank you for being honest and constructive. =) If you would like to pass on any additional feedback regarding the Diablo III Community team, including suggestions on what you'd like to see from us or what you think we could do better, please forward that on to [email protected]. This goes for anyone - we've always got an open ear, and we're ultimately here for you guys. We're always looking to improve, and knowing exactly what you'd like to see from us can help us get there.