Act Final Bosses need tuned(nerfed) in expert difficulty

• Hello,

I decided to continue on my level 60 Wizard where I left off before I got into the beta, Act II. I set the difficulty to expert and began leveling by simply completing my way through Act II. I reached Lord Belial at level 64 and have found a handful of rare level 61 drops that were upgrades. My stat summary shows about 140,000 damage and 1.2 million toughness with 150,000 health. I can get lord Belial down to about 25% health but I have reached a roadblock that I cannot pass.

By the time I get Belial down to around 25% he seems to have reached an enrage timer and he casts his nonstop green circles of death attack back to back to back. The longest I have survived was him deciding to recast it a 5th time in a row then I died.

Without an auction house in place I cannot try to get any quick-fix gear upgrades. I understand that I could theoretically just keep farming act II until I get enough drops that are upgrades to do enough damage to beat Belial. But if this really is some kind of enrage timer then I think it would be wise to reduce Belial's overall health by a considerable margin. To be frank, the mechanics of the fight stopped being an interesting fight about 3 minutes before I hit his apparent enrage timer. I am sure that if I was to check the final bosses of the other acts it would be the same way.

It is also worth noting to point out that Belial drops plenty of health globes during the encounter. In fact, I am used to seeing about 3-10 health globes per entire fight of a yellow or blue pack. During Belial I constantly see him replenish the globes so that about 3-7 are up at one time. His main methods of attacking are no real threat. But then he does his green circles of death attack and I either get half-shot or die from full health to zero from multiple hits in the same 1/4 second.

I'm disappointed that I will have to reduce the difficulty setting just to continue through the campaign since he seems to hit an enrage timer.
  • 12/20/2013 01:52 AMPosted by Bonndar
    His main methods of attacking are no real threat. But then he does his green circles of death attack and I either get half-shot or die from full health to zero from multiple hits in the same 1/4 second.

I'm interested in your (and everyone's) feedback about boss difficulty issues, but I should point out that this particular attack is meant to be very dangerous, and should be avoided if possible. Is anyone else of the opinion that a boss is currently too difficult in the beta? I know Adria can be rather difficult for some players.