Downloader closes itself (Mac)

• I read the stickies and I tried searching a bit so I'm sorry if this has already been addressed. I run the downloader for the game (the game-game, not the beta) and after a short amount of time the program closes itself completely. I'm on my main account on my Mac so it should have every ability to be running constantly.

Thanks.
  • It sounds like permission issues after exacting. Does it do this almost immediately? If so, try this article: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/3600036

I'm not big on boasting, but you might have to take a victory lap.
  • This sounds like the Mac is going to sleep or in screensaver. Is this correct?

• Is there any error messages when it closes?

I believe there is a known issue where if the Mac sleeps the downloader will fail to resume after waking up, which is why I asked.

Are you able to try in safe mode and/or on a new admin user account to see if this works?

Starting up into Safe Mode (to Safe Boot)
      1. Be sure your Mac is shut down.
      2. Press the power button.
      3. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold the Shift key. The Shift key should be held as soon as possible after the startup tone, but not before the tone.
      4. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple icon and the progress indicator (looks like a spinning gear).
      5. Once the login screen appears, make sure it has Safe Boot/Safe Mode displayed. This indicates you've done the steps properly.
      6. Login and attempt to install/patch. Once you are done, simply restart the Mac to leave Safe Mode.

• Can you verify if your D3 install folder has any files with the suffix of .part?

• Thanks, and were you able to create that new admin account and see if the downloadworks properly on that account?

• Can you send me your system files so I can look further into this?

Obtaining your System Information and system.log
    Snow Leopard (10.6) and older versions of OS X
      1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Profiler from the Apple Menu
      2. When the System Profiler is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
      3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location. Make sure the file format is "System Profiler 4.0 (XML)"

Lion (10.7)
      1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Information from the Apple Menu
      2. When the System Information is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
      3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location.

Obtaining your system.log
      1. Using Finder, Navigate to /Applications/Utilities and open Console
      2. Click system.log on the left side bar.
      3. On the menu bar, click File, and select Save a Copy As. Make sure the file is saved to the desktop for easy location.

Submitting your system files
      1. Open a new email message, and attach the items as an attachment.
      2. Send the email to [email protected] with the subject as "Attn: TonyM". Make sure you include the Thread title and URL address. This way it gets routed to me so I can take a personal look.

Please note: This method is only used for sending information after files are requested for additional review. This is not to be used a a form of contact, as this box is monitored only when files are requested. No replies are sent from here.

• So, it looks like it's being corrupted when downloading :(

You mentioned that you keep getting "Behind a firewall" message, but have ports opened for the downloader. Do you know what ports you have open?

Since it is downloading using the Blizzard Downloader, you will need to have the following ports open for TCP and UDP:
    11191120372440006112611361146881-6999
    Do you know if you have these open? Was a download attempted when bypassing your router and connected to the modem directly?

• Would it be possible to try at an alternate location for download to see if it works?

• I'll look further into this and see if I can come up with anything else. One other thing is to maybe have a friend download it and put it on a flash drive/external HDD for you.