Blizzard Launcher Problem

• This is frustrating. I happen to try for the third time to download Diablo 3 with no success.
    After downloading 70% the last time the connection went down when I reopen Blizzard Download Launcher (with various problems). Big surprise went back to 0% downloaded. So i ask myself where went all the 70% I downloaded previously? This is not just minor issue I start to see a pattern here. I'm on mac this might be the problem. After getting this out the way lets go for some more technical explanation.

When I finally download (after all those Agent problems, Setup files never finishing, having to repair disk etc.) install and play the game it only last for several days. After the patch 17 I played till my DH get to lvl 13. Then you guys had a server issue. I came back after and played for 30ish minutes big surprise game froze had to "Force quit" when i tried to come back it would not open no matter what, after several "Battle.net" folder deleting it finally opened the launcher but game started to download from scratch. 70% downloaded connection failed quit download launcher reopen back to square 0.

Pic after Force Quit

http://is200.imagesocket.com/images/2012/04/19/2467173-123p.png
  • Thanks for the reports.

This is something that we are investigating. Can you post what type of connection your are on also? (wireless, ethernet to router, ethernet to modem, school, work, etc). Be sure to include that with the following information below.

For those who are crashing due at 10%, 20%, 30%, 60%, etc (any # of %), please send the following information.

Obtaining your System Information and system.log
    Snow Leopard (10.6) and older versions of OS X
      1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Profiler from the Apple Menu
      2. When the System Profiler is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
      3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location. Make sure the file format is "System Profiler 4.0 (XML)"

Lion (10.7)
      1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Information from the Apple Menu
      2. When the System Information is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
      3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location.

Obtaining your Agent and Client logs.
      1. Using Finder, navigate to /Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.868/Logs and drag the most recent log to the desktop. Logs are number by Agent-####-####.log. Here is an example screenshot.
      2. Then navigate to /Users/Shared/Battle.net/Client/Blizzard Launcher.1454/ and move the agentclient.log to the desktop.

Submitting your system files
      1. Open a new email message, and attach the items as an attachment.
      2. Send the email to [email protected] with the subject as "Attn: TonyM". Make sure you include the Thread title and URL address. This way it gets routed to me so I can take a personal look.

Please note: This method is only used for sending information after files are requested for additional review. This is not to be used a a form of contact, as this box is monitored only when files are requested. No replies are sent from here.

I'm not big on boasting, but you might have to take a victory lap.
  • This issue is still being looked into, as this is happening on mist of pandaria.