Mac Issues "Groundhog Day"

• SC2, WOW, WC3, D2, D3 ... all this games were native developed for osx as far as i know...
    the only one running nearly the same as pc guys can do is WOW.

Sc2: patched to death ran like hell when released ... now after patch 1.4. no chance - the forum is full of mac user problems (mainly FPS)
    WC3: they killed the installer for OSX 10.7
    D2: they killed the installer for OSX 10.7
    D3: the beta is running like a snail climbing a hill... in my case every patch made it worse (see SC2) - the mac drivers aren't the best to be honest. but i run WOW maxed out with about 60fps in 25 men raids ... (in 27" res)

why are you forcing us to use this forsaken Windows. and why in gods name are you taking our money for games which are not running as you promise. Sc2 ran on a mid 2010 iMac with ultra settings native absolutely creamy an fine. now i struggle to hold my fps over 25 with my mid 2011 much faster iMac ... ???!!!!???

bought 4 games and a few add ons. one game of these all is playable. will buy D3 ... i think as it looks today ... it will be a mistake. no misunderstanding: i love D3 this games rocks ... but i will never ever switch back to windows ...

finally: so what is the problem? is it a mac/apple problem - or is your time stressed with the mac troubles seeing the release coming. ...??

GO FOR IT !!!!
  • 04/17/2012 06:06 PMPosted by D3BETA
    Sc2: patched to death ran like hell when released ... now after patch 1.4. no chance - the forum is full of mac user problems (mainly FPS)

SC2 performance reports are still being investigated. There has been improvements in the incremental patches, and it's still being worked out. Not just with the Mac team itself but with other teams as well. For SC2, there are performance reports relating to both Windows and Mac. Mac is more noticeable due to the differences in OpenGL vs DirectX.

WC3: they killed the installer for OSX 10.7
    D2: they killed the installer for OSX 10.7

This is not something we killed :( Due to changes in Lion, support for the coding (PowerPC) is no longer supported for newer OS's. In order to make things work for newer systems, this requires extensive work to be done by not only Mac teams, but additional teams that help make the app run (downloads, updater, additional tools etc). Testing is also required for each of these components. It's almost like a full game launch of sorts.

D3: the beta is running like a snail climbing a hill... in my case every patch made it worse (see SC2) - the mac drivers aren't the best to be honest. but i run WOW maxed out with about 60fps in 25 men raids ... (in 27" res)

I think Kaltonis stated it best in this post. Also, WoW is different than other titles of Blizzard. WoW for Mac allows all graphics cards/chipsets to be used, where as other titles for Mac have different requirements.

I'm not big on boasting, but you might have to take a victory lap.
  • 05/04/2012 11:54 PMPosted by Fades
    I thought there was a WC3 intel binary released long ago?

There is, but not the full game. The Blizzard Updater and Installer are still PowerPC. If you downloaded and fully updated the game prior to getting Lion, you are good.

I'm not big on boasting, but you might have to take a victory lap.