Beta install, stuck on "Updating setup files"

• Hey, i am having some pretty annoying issues when trying to instal the Beta client on mac.

I download the installer, double click it, and a window opens called "Diablo III Setup" it loads a few things through, and then gets to "Updating setup files" where it gets stuck when a little more than half way through, and then it just stays there, if i close and reopen, i just goes straight to the same point.

i've disabled my firewall, i've repaired disk permissions, i've made sure the installer was unzipped correctly, and i even tried installing it while using my phone as a moden to make sure it had nothing to do with our internet connection.

When everything else failed it tried installing on my brand new Macbook air, running the newest os, and the same problem persist. (we even tried on my friends macbook pro, with the same problem)

I have a windows partition on this mac as well, and it works flawlessly on the windows partition.

Now i am just curious as to why the beta just wont work on any of my macs, also my buddy has a beta account as well, but he does not have a windows partition, so he can't even play it!i hope someone will try and help out, or maybe knows anything about why this could be happening.Specs
    iMac running Mac Os X 10.6.8
    3,06Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    8GB 1067 DDR3 RAM
  • You may want to try deleting your Battle.net folder in Users/Shared and repair your disk permissions to see if this helps out.

Repair Permissions via Disk Utility
      1. Navigate to /Applications/Utilities/ and open Disk Utility.
      2. Select the hard drive the game is installed on.
      3. Select the First Aid option.
      4. Click on the Repair Disk Permissions button.

04/01/2012 12:59 AMPosted by Salvashun
    Seems they don't really care. I can't get a response on my question either

I'm not here on Friday and Saturdays, so if a post was posted in that time period, that is why it was not answered.
    Machkhan will make you JUMP JUMP
    Blue posts will make you JUMP JUMP
  • I'm trying to find more info about this. As soon as I find out, I will ping back.
    Machkhan will make you JUMP JUMP
    Blue posts will make you JUMP JUMP
  • Thanks for the update on this. I will pass that feedback on.
  • Make sure none of the items mentioned in this post is something that is enabled on your Mac: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3595672061#16

I'm not big on boasting, but you might have to take a victory lap.
  • I'll try to get some follow-up on this. I've brought this up to the appropriate team, and they are aware of it. I'll see what progress they have made on this.
  • Thanks for the update. I'll pass this along.

I'm not big on boasting, but you might have to take a victory lap.