We know some of you have burning questions for our developers about Diablo III, its design, and the philosophy behind certain game changes. So, to help douse the flames of inquiry, we've implemented Ask the Devs, an informal Q&A series hosted monthly in the official forums.
The format for Ask the Devs is simple: we choose the topic, you choose the questions. Literally! Not only will players have the opportunity to submit questions for the developers, but we'll also be using the forum's voting system to help us identify which of those questions the community wants to see answered most.
CURRENT TOPIC: ITEMISATION
Questions: Check out the questions your fellow players have submitted here.
Answers: We're doing things a little differently this time around and will be providing developer answers in several parts spread over multiple weeks. The answers for part 1 can be found here.
- Each month, we'll select a new Ask the Devs topic and post what the topic is ahead of time in the forums.
- On the date and time specified in the forum post, we'll unlock the thread and you'll be able to submit your questions on the chosen topic (as well as vote for questions you'd like to see answered).
- After 48 hours, we'll lock the thread. At this point, you will no longer be able to submit questions or vote.
- We'll then look for the posts with the most votes in every region and pass them on to the Diablo III development team.
- The following week, we'll provide you a list of answers delivered directly from the developers. Depending on how many questions the developers answer, we may break their responses into multiple parts (posted on different days).
- Only one question per post.
- Stay on topic. Questions that don't relate to the chosen topic (even if highly-rated) won't be sent to the developers.
- Discussion posts are not allowed. We ask that you only post questions in the Ask the Devs thread. If you would like to discuss related topics, please do so in another thread.
- A highly-rated post does not mean it will be answered, but we'll do our best to answer as many questions as possible.
- "Dislike" votes don't count.
- Please don't post or vote for questions you know we won't answer. We're not going to use these Q&As to announce new projects, expansions, or release dates. We're also not going to answer questions that touch on subjects outside of the game and its design.
- Keep your question concise. One to three sentences should be plenty to explain background and ask a question.
- All "Like" votes count. While you can't see the vote tally, we can. Even if a post is already highly rated, your vote still means something to that question (potentially) being answered.
- Vote for as many questions as you like, keeping the above tips in mind.
PREVIOUS ROUNDS OF ASK THE DEVS