The life steal removal.

• Hi

So i was wondering the "life steal" thats removed in the beta, will that be removed in launch also blizzard?
    Since life steal is my main thing to keep my Wizard alive at higher difficulties.

And from what iv'e seen from people who stream RoS they die A LOT! since they have no way of gain life other then the life pot and if lucky a health globe drops.
    I personally hope you will add life steal back for Wizard, we are so squishy to begin with to try to "tank it out".

And yeah i know about "life on hit" but you would need tons of it, witch means you will most likely "gimp" out your damage etc, and then it would take forever to kill stuff on high Torments.

Other peoples thoughts about this?

Best Reguards

DEuZ.
  • 03/12/2013 06:52Posted by AKillerWhale
    Hi

So i was wondering the "life steal" thats removed in the beta, will that be removed in launch also blizzard?
    Since life steal is my main thing to keep my Wizard alive at higher difficulties.

Other peoples thoughts about this?

My thoughts are that they're not just removing life steal they are fundamentally changing a lot about the combat flow. So it shouldn't be as big as a deal as you're making it out to be.

Very true. The combat flow does indeed change quite a bit, and how you move and position yourself in combat will matter much more in in Reaper of Souls than it does today—We think that trying to mitigate and avoid taking damage generally makes for more interesting and intense gameplay.

Finding a solid combination of skills that suit your play style and acquiring great gear will of course help you quite a bit in regards to both survivability and your damage output, but choosing your level of difficulty can also help you adjust the combat flow to closer fit your preferred style of play... obviously the higher difficultly levels requires more defensive gameplay, and one does not simply walk up to packs of monsters and ignore their damage on the highest difficulty levels, and "standing in fire" is also something you have to be careful about at those higher difficulty levels.

As always; nothing is set in stone at this early stage of beta testing though, but right now in the beta you get full Life Steal up to level 59, 10% Life Steal from level 60 to level 69, and you get no Life Steal at all at level 70.

And lastly, in case you have not seen this yet; here is a great developer post about combat in Diablo III—This developer post doesn't specify exactly what we are doing with combat in Reaper of Souls, but it does highlight some of the concerns we have with combat currently, which we are trying to resolve.
  • 09/12/2013 22:15Posted by DEuZ
    As you see i write from a Wizard point of view, if you really gonna remove life steal, you need to FIX Wizard

09/12/2013 23:26Posted by Novuhz
    I will probably not touch my Demon Hunter ever again in RoS, from the looks of it DH looks even more terrible than before

We are still super early in the beta and we still need to do a lot of tuning and balancing, so please do not regard the current state of the classes in the beta as if this is what they will be in the final game. That part will come much later in the final beta phases. That said, you are of course more than welcome to post your feedback on combat flow and the state of classes in the beta (and also on the PTR when that is open), in fact you are encouraged to do so :-)

09/12/2013 22:15Posted by DEuZ
    Ok so this reply turned into wall of text i'm sorry about that..

No need to feel sorry, as I said above, your feedback is most welcome :-)