Constructive Views of WD for ROS

• I didnt want this to get buried in my other thread.

Reaper's constructive views on WD....

"Witch doctors are spiritual warriors who summon dead souls and crawling creatures to do their bidding. By surrounding themselves with conjured zombies and vermin, witch doctors are free to assault their enemies with exploding skulls, acid poison clouds, and wasting curses.

The ability to infect, slow and terrify their enemies gives witch doctors unprecedented control over a battlefield. They can manipulate opposing attacks and movements with debuffs and crowd control spells, rendering enemies easy prey for hungry pets. Witch doctors can also lay down fields of fire and venom that slowly leech life from advancing foes.

Although some witch doctors avoid melee combat in favor of augmenting their pets and crippling their enemies from afar, they are also more than capable of slaying weakened foes with their own hands"

So this is what WD's are according to blizz devs.

These things sound really neat and fun to run right?

Yet the skills we have, only a very small percentage can actually clear the highest content of the game....why Blizz?

Adding "some" goofy new spells will not help this class.

Each spell a WD has must be re-looked at.

According to Devs and their description, a WD is more of a ranged attacker, and should not be limited to a cloud of bats 8 yrds wide for example to clear the highest content in the game.

what changed Blizz?...

I understand the original team of devs are not with D3 anymore, but maybe it might be helpful if the new team gets on board as to what a WD is and should be.

They should use way more of their summoning abilities to kill for them.

Thats a True WD period!!!

The use of pets and or summoning has been reduced to almost ZERO in D3.

This will not do.

The AOE for example of Acid cloud is epic but does sub par damage ...why?

what do you think?
  • 11/27/2013 09:17 PMPosted by REAPER666
    According to Devs and their description, a WD is more of a ranged attacker, and should not be limited to a cloud of bats 8 yrds wide for example to clear the highest content in the game.

I'd say that Reaper of Souls will help build diversity for Witch Doctors on every difficulty level. For example, getting close to your enemies to hit them with Cloud of Bats is a lot riskier when you subtract Life Steal from the equation, and will likely influence the player's decision to use that spell. Also, when you consider some of the updates made in Reaper of Souls (like the loss of Life Steal, damage buffs to other skills, and new Legendary affixes), then it starts to look like Witch Doctors will have a greater variety of viable skill choices.

We plan to launch our patch 2.0.1 Public Test Region soon, and it will include class changes and balancing. Keep an eye out for the PTR to test the class changes out for yourself, and you can read a little more about it in this blog if you're interested. We'll be keeping a close eye on things as Reaper of Souls progresses, so be sure to leave us your feedback.